Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,621  
But why? I respect your fervor on the subject, yet the percieved benefit isn’t there yet. The environmental argument would be a lot more realistic if the push was to use electric public transportation rather than personal use. As is it’s more of a financial rather than ecological transfer.
Our local city bus company just ordered more CNG powered buses to replace the last of their diesels. They have other CNG buses, so this made sense. They said hydrogen is not there yet, nor battery powered.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,623  
2021 Federal income tax rates and brackets:

***** effective tax cuts for the low income ......

Trump-Tax-Cuts-Benefited-Who-The-Tax-Cuts-and-Jobs-Act-Lowered-Effective-Tax-Rates-Across-Inco...png

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,624  
Our local city bus company just ordered more CNG powered buses to replace the last of their diesels. They have other CNG buses, so this made sense. They said hydrogen is not there yet, nor battery powered.
My point was that anything which actually is geared toward reducing pollution and congestion would start with public transportation. Yet it’s rarely mentioned because there’s no money in it.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,625  
Do we still have an annual budget? I remember something about that.

Yep, it’s spend and print as much as you can.

Now back to your regular religion.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,626  
Nobody "wait(s) a couple hours to recharge enough to get home." Making/repeating unfounded claims such as that is what is known as "spin". Honest data on Supercharging:

A Model 3 can "Recharge up to 175 mi in 15 minutes at Supercharger locations" Model 3 | Tesla

The latest Superchargers are capable of up to 250kW rates per charging bay.

There are also destination charging stations just for the purpose of recharging at destination. These are very common.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,627  

Time to get rid of all the deadwood. :)
California is helping there with all its forest fire... /s

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,629  
There are also destination charging stations just for the purpose of recharging at destination. These are very common.
Yes, virtue signaling at restaurants where one might add 30 miles (big "whoopee") of range to a Tesla in an hour. But really practical at hotels where one may park overnight.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,630  
With the federal and provincial rebates, mine went from 56K to 43K.
That’s still too much, unless I can make money with it. I don’t have the time, interest or energy to get into landscaping though.

Status
Not open for further replies.