How soon is soon enough for Super UDT2 in Front Axle ?

/ How soon is soon enough for Super UDT2 in Front Axle ? #51  
I'd switch the front axle to a compatible gear oil. Gear oil has more anti wear additives. Manufacturers use tractor fluid because it's simpler for them.
the manual for my L3130, (2006) says you can use the Kubota UDT or SUPER UDT fluid OR 80- SAE 90 gear oil. Possibly given the age of my tractor, front axle case lubricants may differ.

/ How soon is soon enough for Super UDT2 in Front Axle ? #52  
The first 400hr oil change of the B26 front axle was surprisingly dark. Changed to Lucas synthetic 75-90 gear lube. 5qt capacity. Stays in 4wd almost always.

/ How soon is soon enough for Super UDT2 in Front Axle ? #53  
Update of my other post. After being curious and draining my axle early 271 hrs. - It was very dark. Got to the dealer today and asked him if that was normal, an answered Usually. I asked about UDT2 in the front axle, he said it has 80-90 sae lube. When I asked about udt2, he said "I wouldn't put that in there. " So I am going with Kubota 80- 90 gear oil.

/ How soon is soon enough for Super UDT2 in Front Axle ? #54  
Update of my other post. After being curious and draining my axle early 271 hrs. - It was very dark. Got to the dealer today and asked him if that was normal, an answered Usually. I asked about UDT2 in the front axle, he said it has 80-90 sae lube. When I asked about udt2, he said "I wouldn't put that in there. " So I am going with Kubota 80- 90 gear oil.
Ya, it depends on the dealer for whats in there, but I believe some OEMs fill at the factory in which case it's usually the same oil as the tranny. Mostly if its built/assembled here.

/ How soon is soon enough for Super UDT2 in Front Axle ? #56  
Kubota front axles are factory filled.
I am inclined to believe that is true. No reason to think otherwise. However, I have a friend who bought an L4701 like mine but from a different dealer. I am not sure how many hours, but I think at about 80 or 100 his front axle failed, both sides. When I asked him about it, he said it was delivered by the dealer with the front axle dry. Gears and bearings on both side were ruined. I don't know how much he use 4wd before that happened. He also said the service person who prepped the tractor was fired. Best Wishes, Larry

/ How soon is soon enough for Super UDT2 in Front Axle ? #57  
Kubota front axles are factory filled.
Is that every model or a more recent thing? My B2620 came with gear oil instead of sudt, I doubt the dealer changed out the front axle fluid. I don't get by there often but next time I'll ask them about it.

/ How soon is soon enough for Super UDT2 in Front Axle ? #58  
I heard 'factory filled' (twice), didn't catch what with & suspect the more something is 'broke in' the less particular it is about which lube keeps its gears & seals 'wet'. I also consider every oil delivered 'in' as break in-oil and pretty much a flush. Once at 50 hrs, again at 200, etc? (not talking engine oil, btw)

/ How soon is soon enough for Super UDT2 in Front Axle ? #59  
Is that every model or a more recent thing? My B2620 came with gear oil instead of sudt, I doubt the dealer changed out the front axle fluid. I don't get by there often but next time I'll ask them about it.
All models in my 4 years at the dealership that ended a couple weeks ago. L2501's are partially filled as they are crated with one final drive removed and the axle blanked off.

/ How soon is soon enough for Super UDT2 in Front Axle ? #60  
I heard 'factory filled' (twice), didn't catch what with & suspect the more something is 'broke in' the less particular it is about which lube keeps its gears & seals 'wet'. I also consider every oil delivered 'in' as break in-oil and pretty much a flush. Once at 50 hrs, again at 200, etc? (not talking engine oil, btw)
There is no recommendation by Kubota to change hydraulic or front axle oils at 50 hours and I don't think there are currently any calling for a change at 200 hours. Owner preferences vary of course.