Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #21  
Good luck...my Mahindra and Kubota dealers are awful. Talk to others in your area and find a decent dealer.

Tractors are selling fast so do not expect a deal. It might only cost you $8-10k to “upgrade”.

Cool down and give this a couple of weeks to simmer.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #22  
Sounds like the dealer is throwing parts at it. Obviously it starts and runs, it just won't stay running.
Could be as simple as a faulty fuel cap vent or loose safety switch.
If they are troubleshooting by just plugging it in to their diagnostic tool and throwing parts at codes you might be awhile getting this figured out.
I'd ask some questions on how they came up with it needing a fuel rail that obviously wasn't the problem.
Good luck.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #23  
it would be interesting to see what the pre-delivery inspection (PDI) involved ? that should have caught glitches. The PDI is typically invoiced also.

I had a problem with my Kubota early on, where I was constantly blowing fuses ... 3 - 4x a week. Became a hassle replacing them every time. Dealer checked it over ... a wire was pinched and shorting on the frame.

Hopefully the issue with your Kioti gets resolved quickly. All the best.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #24  
I feel for you. Buying a machine new that won’t work after 5 hours is unacceptable and should be remedied now.

It’s like you pay with a check, leave and the next day the bank rejects the check for insufficient funds. The dealer calls and says “hey, there’s not enough funds in your account”.

You say “well, I’m busy now and there is that COVID thing and bank lobbies aren’t open without appointments and I can’t get there because I can’t get a car due to the chip shortage. Just be patient”.

What would happen then?

You deserve the same urgency.

MoKelly

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #26  
Excellent idea on the credit card bit. Not sure they take as payment but would be great way to at least send a more meaningful warning shot. Super frustrating

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #27  
I’m astounded that a dealer could sell a man a new tractor and just leave him hanging like this. I bought a new 4x5 round baler for $39,000 in January. It has broken all summer. I only ran 500 bales though it and it lost a computer module and blew out 2 bearings. Obviously a case of extreme bad luck.

However, my dealer has done everything humanly possible to fix it including fixing it on a Sunday once and having a tech work on it at night to get it back to me the next day.

I find the OPs dealer story to be an unacceptable lack of customer care. If that’s their idea of service, I would sell the unit immediately and buy something else. That’s a pathetic level of service and the Kioti corporation should step up and help the OP.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #28  
From what I've heard recently from the dealer side (not the OPs dealer) Kioti corporate is currently a substantial part of this type of problem. Both in terms of parts availability and responses to dealer technical inquiries.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #29  
Take that with a grain of salt...dealers who don't solve problems will always blame the manufacturers... Could be true, but they are certainly not going to admit being the problem themselves... Unfortunately, between Covid itself and the associated and varied responses by officials worldwide, it is difficult to say if a problem is endemic to an OEM, a dealer, or a tangential government or supply chain SNAFU.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #30  
Take that with a grain of salt...dealers who don't solve problems will always blame the manufacturers... Could be true, but they are certainly not going to admit being the problem themselves... Unfortunately, between Covid itself and the associated and varied responses by officials worldwide, it is difficult to say if a problem is endemic to an OEM, a dealer, or a tangential government or supply chain SNAFU.
And customers who don't know any better will always blame the dealer. That's the way it works. Take it however you wish. This comes from established customer oriented dealers who are struggling to maintain their own standards supporting Kioti products. They both have relationships with multiple manufacturers so they have in house bases of comparison.