RK37 AC

/ RK37 AC #21  
You should run your a/c unit for at least 15 mins a month
even if you don't need it, it will keep the seals lubricated
and you will not have leaks.

willy

/ RK37 AC #22  
My RK55 stopped blowing cold after 30 hours. The store tractor salesman recommends adding a can of 134a with sealer. I don't want to introduce moisture with a can and gauge only on the low side, or over-pressurize the high side and cause damage. I cannot reach the newly-hired tractor mechanic on the phone or in-person. I don't have a way to easily take the tractor into the store. Salesman claims I cannot get the mobile mechanic for this under warranty because it is not "dead-in-the-field." I also know their local mobile mechanic quit. I'm not sure what to do.

/ RK37 AC #23  
Melancholy, I have the factory repair manual and will see what it says tonight regarding the A/C system. As far as repair manuals go it’s pretty crappy, but it may have some useful info for you.

/ RK37 AC #24  
Melancholy, I have the factory repair manual and will see what it says tonight regarding the A/C system. As far as repair manuals go it’s pretty crappy, but it may have some useful info for you.
Thanks. I'd be curious to know how many kg of 134a the system takes in case I do need to charge it myself.

I always clean the radiator and condenser screens, but if I can figure out how to get the screens off without disassembling the entire engine bay framework, I will clean the condenser coils with air and water. I'm hoping that's it.

(It's crazy how hard it is to remove those screens, particularly with a front-end loader in the way.)

/ RK37 AC #25  
Update: I cleaned and washed the condenser coils. Air conditioning blows only mildly cooler air than outdoors. Something is the matter, but there must be a little bit of refrigerant still left.

/ RK37 AC #26  

You can get a set of gauges from Harbor freight
for 134A For the pressures you will need but you
will need this chart: https://www.rechargeac.com/
how-to/ac-system-pressure-chart

You should have a tag someplace on your
tractor that tells the capacity for 134a
R134a (0.7∼0.85 Kg)

When adding 134a you should have freon flowing
when you attach the hoses to your system this
will keep the air out and its not hard to do

willy

Last edited:
   / RK37 AC #27  
I have a RK55 just turned 100 hrs. I heard a hissing and a smell when I was running the air conditioner then again the next day heard and smelled the same thing. Now the air conditioning is not cooling. I think it sprang a leak. How do check for that?