Kovaco Electric Skid Steer

/ Kovaco Electric Skid Steer #1  

Peace

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO30
I believe they are a supporter of this forum. I clicked on one of the add banners. In the video, it seems strong but slow. I did read in the comments that it has 4 speed settings and it was operating at #2. Tractorhouse has a couple at around $60k. for the larger Elise model.
The question is: What’s your opinions?

/ Kovaco Electric Skid Steer
In another video, the fellow was using a hand held remote control to operate the tractor from a few feet away. Seems like it would be fun to clear the driveway of snow from inside the house.

/ Kovaco Electric Skid Steer #3  
I wouldn’t buy an electric skid steer anyway but the speed is pitiful. That’s 1/3 the speed a diesels can move.

/ Kovaco Electric Skid Steer #4  
Well first time I ever saw an electric skid steer but I was impressed

/ Kovaco Electric Skid Steer #6  
All skid steers are heavy duty. I seen nothing impressive compared to any other loader. You can buy a Kubota SSV75 with no cab for low 40s or a tracked 75 with cab for the same 60k that cost. And the diesel will work circles around what I saw in that YouTube video. In all fairness the guy in the video is no operator. But I’d still bet money on it loosing an all day work content to a diesel by a lot.

Last edited:
   / Kovaco Electric Skid Steer
I think it’s expensive too! It might be time to think ahead though. Both Bobcat and Gehl have introduced electric skid steers this year. I never thought too much about it until I clicked on the add and also watched a few videos on YouTube. I just put 25 gal diesel in my truck at $99.75. I wonder if we might be forced into electric motors in everything?

/ Kovaco Electric Skid Steer #8  
I think it’s expensive too! It might be time to think ahead though. Both Bobcat and Gehl have introduced electric skid steers this year. I never thought too much about it until I clicked on the add and also watched a few videos on YouTube. I just put 25 gal diesel in my truck at $99.75. I wonder if we might be forced into electric motors in everything?

My personal prediction is in 10 years when people see what a sham this whole zero emissions thing is the electric equipment will drop. And yes diesel is expensive but electric and batteries aren’t free and it’s worth something to get done faster. If you’re paying an operator to run that and I’m paying an operator to run my 75 plus burning $5 of diesel an hour while getting done twice as fast who is coming out ahead? Just the operator salary is worth more than the diesel I’m burning and that’s putting no price on the increased work that got done.

Last edited:
   / Kovaco Electric Skid Steer #9  
Make's me realize how much I dislike using skidsteers. Riding a pogo stick is not my idea of a good time.

I would have hoped by going electric they could have improved operator visibility

/ Kovaco Electric Skid Steer #10  
My personal prediction is in 10 years when people see what a sham this whole zero emissions thing is the electric equipment will drop. And yes diesel is expensive but electric and batteries aren’t free and it’s worth something to get done faster. If you’re paying an operator to run that and I’m paying an operator to run my 75 plus burning $5 of diesel an hour while getting done twice as fast who is coming out ahead? Just the operator salary is worth more than the diesel I’m burning and that’s putting no price on the increased work that got done.
Yeah but the virtue signaling the guy with the electric ssl is what seals the deal for him. If it’s a customer who wants a zero emissions worksite or the work is being done inside a building, guess what tool will be doing the job.
Its not the operator or the excavating company that decides diesel or electric on a job site, it will be the customer that owns the job site. As Peace mentioned, diesel fuel is pushing $4/gallon. I’m losing my shirt over this all the while listening to people complain about how food and everything else costs more now. It’s all made via the cost of diesel fuel.
The trend is going in the direction of the electric, be it as flawed or slow or actually equally as polluting as they are.