pickup truck size

/ pickup truck size #391  
I actually understand their logic but don’t see how anybody can live in the city and depend on somebody else to provide for their daily needs. I lived in the city for a winter when I was just starting out and it was the most boring 6 months of my life. What do people do with all of their free time?
I'm with you on that. Likewise, I had an apartment in a (relatively small) city when I was in my early 20s, and hated the feeling of being cooped up...then again, I'm pretty outdoorsy, as I suspect most TBN'ers are. I couldn't imagine living in the city during the covid lockdown...I'd feel like I was in prison.
City nightlife doesn't do anything for me.

/ pickup truck size #392  
I actually understand their logic but don’t see how anybody can live in the city and depend on somebody else to provide for their daily needs. I lived in the city for a winter when I was just starting out and it was the most boring 6 months of my life. What do people do with all of their free time?
It teaches dependence upon government.

/ pickup truck size #393  
Around here a weekend in the big city is like kicking the top off an ant hill. The apartment people storm out to the rural areas in their rentals, bicycles etc. for 2 days then go back. For the first time in history, Seattle has more renters than homeowners with most of the apartments being small. I wish they would stay home.

Last edited:
   / pickup truck size #396  
I had one NEW, I wouldn't want to go back to that rough riding gas hog!! lol

SR
Me too. I owned one of those things way back when. Gas hog troublesome carburetor and the need for tune ups every 20k miles. No thanks. The new trucks are better.

/ pickup truck size #397  
Dunno if everyone has seen this handy size comparison graphic that Ford put together. Shows it well.

Maverick-Size-Comparison.jpg

/ pickup truck size #398  
Me too. I owned one of those things way back when. Gas hog troublesome carburetor and the need for tune ups every 20k miles. No thanks. The new trucks are better.
I just got back from a longer trip with my 4x4 Silverado, 355hp V8 and averaged 23 MPG driving 70 to 75 with the AC on...AND a decent ride.

So far this is the best truck I've ever owned.

SR

/ pickup truck size #400  
Dunno if everyone has seen this handy size comparison graphic that Ford put together. Shows it well.

Maverick-Size-Comparison.jpg

The amazing thing is once priced, they all cost about the same. I haven't checked on the newest models, but last I shopped pick-ups, they also all got about the same mpg regardless of size.

I did see the new all-electric pickup that is about Toyota PU truck sized and it base price is 69K and can tow 11K but can only do so for 150 miles. I'm interested when Ford builds the purpose-designed all electric F150, that will come a few years after their new Lightning model, which as i understand it, is the existing conventional F150 converted to all electric. If they can get the range up to 300 mile while towing and make it work for 300 mile in the freezing cold, then they will have my attention—especially so since I put in a 220v 50AMP welding plug next to my back door!