My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,711  
The pump quoted was 10gpm. It would produce 15gallins per mijute. I am definately houng to avoid the computerized drive. I am at the end of the line for power here. It isnpretty stable most of the time but we have som big storms and wind and lots of people lose power. Spikes are not uncommon.

Lightning and power surges are just one of many problems associated with variable speed pumps. They really are and expensive tar baby when you get stuck with one. Here is a video I found showing how much more a variable speed will cost and how much more energy they use over time. I am making another video with a column for Cycle Stop Valves that will show how the CSV beats both the VFD and conventional pressure tank systems on cost and supplying water dependably for years and years.

Last edited:
   / My Industrial Cabin Build #2,712  
Goulds, AY McDonald, Flint and Walling, and several others are good. However, I prefer Grundfos or a copy of, as they have Stainless Steel instead of plastic impellers and also drop amps better than any pump when using a CSV.

My grundfos circulating pumps have plastic impellers.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,713  
Arc faults are new since I built. If you don’t have them , you can still use regular breakers. New code requires them so you have to install them. They sense a short that isn’t a dead short, that wouldn’t trip on over current. The kind that gradually warms up the wire and starts a fire.
I hear they are a pain though, go bad a lot.

My bathrooms are all on one GFI circuit. First one has a gfi, then the rest are normal receptacles fed from the gfi.
Counter circuits the same, at least 2 separate counter circuits required. My open dining area was considered kitchen, so they are on a 3rd gfi. Also, my outside deck gfi could not be ran from an inside gfi.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,714  
Actually wire for a submersible should be as small as possible. Using the longest length of the smallest wire possible for the horsepower pump being used, makes for a reduced voltage soft start. Smaller wire prevents the motor from getting too much current on start up. For a 1HP I would use 250' of #14 wire, even if I have to double up some of it and stuff it down the well. This will cause 36% less torque on startup and still deliver plenty of power for normal running.

Eddie was talking about internal house wiring that was already pulled, not pump wiring.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,715  
My grundfos circulating pumps have plastic impellers.
I think those are considered "composite" instead of plastic, but yeah. However, all Grundfos 4" and larger submersible well pumps that I know of have Stainless impellers. The 3" well pumps called the SQ have composite as well. It is not so much the material the impellers are made of as the design of the impeller that makes it drop in amps as the flow is reduced, which is what I like.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,716  
Eddie was talking about internal house wiring that was already pulled, not pump wiring.

Lol! Sorry! I think you would want house wiring as large as possible to keep the heat down. But it is completely different for a well pump.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,717  
Yes on smoke detectors on same circuit.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,718  
I called the number on the Cyclestop website, talked to one of the guys there, and just placed an order for a PK125-1 60psi.
Now I need to order the rest of my stuff.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,719  
I called the number on the Cyclestop website, talked to one of the guys there, and just placed an order for a PK125-1 60psi.

Thanks. Now I can stop and get some groceries on the way home today. Lol! Let us know how you like it. Need help picking a pump or anything, call us.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,720  

So can this be used on any pump? Does the small pressure tank have a bladder? Does look nice for getting rid of a large pressure tank.