Zetor Tractors

/ Zetor Tractors #1  

Peace

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO30
TBN must support this site. I clicked on an ad link to see what it was. Does anyone have one?
The website says they use the old style mechanical fuel injection without sensors, yet uses DEF and meets T4 emissions.
This is a Chek Republic build?
1634190089295.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Zetor Tractors #2  
I was just at the dealership in Tyler on Monday. He had some in stock and he spoke highly of them. (he also has LS and TYM). The Zetor were all Utility size and up. They make a few CUT models, but none in stock. I believe they are Czech-made.

/ Zetor Tractors #3  
Yes on all of the above. Neighbor a couple of farms up has one. Ones I've seen also have unique things that folks in Europe need and use since some travel long highway distances to their fields and may need things like built in air compressors. I'd have one if the need and availability occurred. They aren't popular around here and can be bought at a reasonable price.

/ Zetor Tractors #4  
In other countrys they are more poluare and price for used ones are inceasing over last 10 years.
Zetor produced over 75 years own made tractors former from CSSR and today from Czech. 15 up to 170 hp are made, the smaller one are TYM licences and up from Major over Proxima, Forterra up to Crystal are made by Zetor in Brno(CZ). They have often Zetor own or DEUTZ motors, gearbox can be from Zetor, TYM or Carraro (IT) same with front axles.
The tractors has former and today a real good name in east europe. Zetor produced over 1 mio tractors and sells world wide since the end of 1950 years.

/ Zetor Tractors #7  
Yes on all of the above. Neighbor a couple of farms up has one. Ones I've seen also have unique things that folks in Europe need and use since some travel long highway distances to their fields and may need things like built in air compressors. I'd have one if the need and availability occurred. They aren't popular around here and can be bought at a reasonable price.
Airbrakes for trailers was very common in East Europe, they used large four wheel trailers and sometime pulled two of them.

Today airbrakes are the standard for trailers witch are approved for speeds over 40km/h and below you can use hydraulic brakes activated by the hydraulic system on the tractor via a special brake valve and connection.
zetor-4321-20851-367-392990-71-1469439304.jpg
2hn33t4hnp68x2ob.jpg

/ Zetor Tractors #8  
they made tractors for John deer for a while over here the Zetor made John deers had a better resale value than the American made JD's

/ Zetor Tractors #9  
I was just at the dealership in Tyler on Monday. He had some in stock and he spoke highly of them. (he also has LS and TYM). The Zetor were all Utility size and up. They make a few CUT models, but none in stock. I believe they are Czech-made.
I drive by that dealer every time I go to Tyler.

I like everything about Zetor on paper, but nothing about them in person. There is an auction, used tractor dealership south of Tyler called J & K Auction that has a huge variety of used tractor brands for sale. I sat in several Zetor tractors with just a few hundred hours on them, to several thousand. All where used and abused far worse then the hours would indicate.

Comparing a used Zetor to other brands with similar hours was eye opening. I never considered Zetor after that.

/ Zetor Tractors #10  
1. point - the hours by older Zetor's are engine hours not time hours like by other brands like Fendt eg.
2. thats a typical local problem - other countrys have other people and other people do more service for there tractor
3. in several markets Zetor dealers sells only with low prices to cam in a market with known old company names - that makes Zetor interesting for people with low budget and they often "forget" the service or just to clean the maschine.

I my home market (East Germany), Zetor has a real good relationship at the peoples here. Espacialy for the older models from 1982 up to 2000 they pay much more / hp for a Zetor then for some other brands like Deutz, Kubota, Branson, Case and so.

Look at my (one of 4) Zetor 5011 - for me the perfect tractor for my small "farm" (2 horses and 4 acres green for hay making) and business (inofficial Zetor parts dealer) as also for presentations on od tractor meetings and markets.
DSC_1579.JPG DSC_2298.JPG DSC_2341.JPG Stroh_c.jpg Video_thumb.jpg
Its my helper in many situations for lifting, transport and agrar jobs like haying.
He has over 8.000 engine hours, and was produced in 1984 - he has the first engine, gearbox. New front loader from poland, new BKT tyres and I love them.
It is extremely manoeuvrable, consumes very little diesel and starts up without any problems even at -20°C. 45 hp are enough for a 5m hay tedder or a 2m disc mower. The front loader lifts 1,000 kg. It has a very well sprung front axle which is very comfortable on the road or when making hay. It has hydraulic steering, heating and ventilation, and of course a radio.
Zetor5011_Z37_2020_1_c (Groß).jpg 20181012_105347.jpg ETH-Weisse_Zetor_5011_H0_wettbewerb.jpg Zetor_5011_Drohnenschnappschuss_01.jpg20210517_210013.jpg

The best - I can alone without need any help fix it if its needed. Work ist easy and parts are here are here with us really very cheap in comparison. The TAX is also very cheap and he have no electronic inside, no ad-blue, no diesel particle filtre, no complicated rocket sience. ;-)

But yes - my heard is bleeding when I see some othe Zetor in some othe countrys when they are in bad conditions.

But that's not Zetor's fault, it's the fault of the owners who don't maintain and maintain it like any other tractor. Often enough, the Zetor is only refueled and maybe gets some oil, but everything else is omitted.
And this is what the machines look like - this is not a Zetor fault, this is a misconduct by some Zetor owners. ;)