Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #81  
That is exactly the point.
Rather than being greedy maybe the unions should focus on ensuring that their jobs will still exist in another 10-20 years.
Because of the union contract, Deere will be here for a long time. Because of the contract, Deere knows what its labor costs will be.

One thing we all have to remember, the union is required to follow the rules set forth in the contract. But because the company owns the store, they make the rules and they can change them at any time they want. But they haven't because they like a contract as much as the union does.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #85  
That may be the rub for some people......thinking that "union wages are higher than mine so unions must be bad" seams to be a popular belief.
For all the beatings the Unions take, I'll say this; Union members usually go through a 4 year apprenticeship, and are expected to show up every day to work. That should set them apart in my book.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #86  
Last edited:
   / Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #87  
That may be the rub for some people......thinking that "union wages are higher than mine so unions must be bad" seams to be a popular belief.
We are so busy tearing everyone down to the bottom while the top 1% is laughing all the way to the bank. Maybe people should help the fellow worker and everyone will have better working conditions. You know the saying...."a rising sea raises all ships". Oh oh....that sounds like union talk.....back to tearing everyone down to $5/hr.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #88  
And those jobs would still be paid well without a union because they are worth something.
The people who stand on the line bolting fenders on would be lucky to make half of what they do
You seem unskilled and angry.(y)

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #89  
Or they lay off everyone and open another factory outside of the US to get away from the unions.
Hell ya then the CEO,s can make bigger salaries ...DUH ??

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #90  
I like Deere and still think the company and products are popular & well thought of - although maybe not as much lately as they used to be.

It will be interesting to see how this Deere strike shakes out.
Whatever happens, it will likely serve as a template.

Here's an oldtimer's viewpoint... growing up rural in in the southern USA, unions of any kind were seen as a barrier to young people who wanted to get factory jobs.

rScotty
With that comment one would have to wonder why the southern folks headed up route 23 to Detroit to get UAW jobs building cars.trucks ? Just curious?

Status
Not open for further replies.