Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look?

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #191  
rotty....no shes a black lab. not the best picture

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #192  
rotty....no shes a black lab. not the best picture
Actually I find it to be a very interesting picture.

Perhaps I'm off my rocker, but to me, it's one of those optical illusion pictures you can see two different things.

Once you told me black lab and I relooked at the picture, I immediately saw her tongue hanging out and thought duh to myself as I can see she's completely black.

However, when I originally looked at the picture before you telling me black lab, to me it looked like her mouth was closed, angling downwards, and her tongue I mistook for brown on both sides of her snout which made me think of at least part Rottweiler given her size.

Last edited:
   / Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #194  
I’m thinking of a rancher on a walkout basement for retirement. With everything I need on 1 floor, but basement because I like having a basement.
House on a hill with a view.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #195  
I’m thinking of a rancher on a walkout basement for retirement. With everything I need on 1 floor, but basement because I like having a basement.
House on a hill with a view.
I already have the hill with the view, but I'm building on the bottom of it instead because the traffic on the highway is a lot less noticeable. I thought about selling 5 acres off when the price of real estate got so crazy, but I don't want neighbors.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #197  
I thought about selling 5 acres off when the price of real estate got so crazy, but I don't want neighbors.

Do not give into temptation and STICK WITH the PLAN.

You will not regret it.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #198  
Why you should always know what your buying per land...

This house sold in 2020 for about 840k. Comes with nice horse barn in the back, couple of out buildings along with 17 acres. Wasn't a bad looking place, but too rich for my blood per what you're actually getting.

C1.png

Thing is, road is a couple of hundred of yards max in front of it. After the place apparently sold, low and behold, look was build right in front of the road (red arrow below points to the house in the above pic...

C2.png

Thing is, I have no clue if the owner of the 840k place didn't own the land and figured nothing would be done with it, or if they just sold it to make some cash on their buy to offset the sale price Thing is, there is not one, but two modular homes sitting on the road now with a white picket fence around both modular homes in front of the 840k place that was sold.

Sorry, no way I would spend that kind of money to look at two modular homes "sitting" in front of me out my front doorstep if I paid good coin for 17 acres.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #199  
I see a lot of that type of development here in NC. Sell off the easy lots with frontage and have a large flag lot in the back. It can be pretty tacky when it's done poorly.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #200  
funny you show that picture. a guy here has built a BEAUTIFUL new house on what wa once a 10 acre parcel. the original owner split it into 2 - 5 acre parcels. the front 5 acre dude just built a crappy looking box of a house, no garage. it cant be more than 800 SF dumpy house. then they brought in a single wide mobile home for their mother. these 2 eyesores are out front and you have to drive by them to get to the nice house. i bet hes PISSED