Add a cab

/ Add a cab #1  

Moak

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 3165 Bronson 2610H
Was wondering if anybody has ever added a cab to a 2400,2510 or 2610. If you did, did you lose the float function of your loader? I'm hearing you will loss the float if you add a cab because they have to change out the loader vale set up to add the cab.

/ Add a cab #2  
All I know is that the 2510 and 2610 have a slightly bigger frame as in longer wheel base than the 2400.

There was a company in Poland I believe, that made some cool aftermarket cabs but for the 2400. So it wouldn't fit the 10 series anyways.

/ Add a cab
That is correct the tractor itself's length, wheelbase and width are a little bigger But A nice gentleman on here did take some measurements and it all looked like it could be done with a little teak here and there. But I was unable to move forward with it at that time so but I would like to now but I saw a post in another forum where someone said the dealer told him he would lose his float function if he added a cab. I talked to a friend yesterday who had it done and he told me last night that they had to change out his Loader valve assembly and the mounting set up and he did lose his float. So with this new info from last night, I may forget about a cab. I'm going to try and set a time to go look at his 2400 and see what they did and if there is a way to just change the mounting set up to my valve.

/ Add a cab #4  
If you can get the cab to work you could go with a aftermarket valve set up and have float. You will have to find a place to mount it and most likely use a cable joystick assembly but it can be done. Some people have fabricated their own cabs for tractors so that could also be a option.

/ Add a cab #5  
Moak,

I don't know if this will help you in your quest, but fellow member K5 posted this link to a 3rd party supplier of hydraulic valves and controls:

Directional Valves and Remote Controls Walvoil - Products Walvoil S.p.A.

Maybe if you move forward with the project, these guys can help you.

I've been tempted to talk to them about a new loader valve and control for mine, just to get some better control on the FEL curl circuit.

/ Add a cab #8  
🤣 What is wrong with a wooden cab Bob? Even some of the aerobatic airplanes were made with wood. How would you like to be flying along in one of those and look over and see a termite. :eek:

/ Add a cab #9  
Hey Bob , I thought he ment tweek, Dan

Yeah I know. My inability to act like an adult kicked in again. :giggle:

🤣 What is wrong with a wooden cab Bob? Even some of the aerobatic airplanes were made with wood. How would you like to be flying along in one of those and look over and see a termite. :eek:

I guess if wood is good enough for planes and boats, why not tractors? (y)

/ Add a cab

Slowpoke Slim Thanks I will check them out. Branson Bob if I was to build my own cab I would even think about using wood it would be Metal. The issue I see with the factory cab is the lower glass I'm going to look at a cab and see if the lower windows are separate or all fabricated into the cab. I know on some the section around the dash is separate from the rest of the cab and bolts in.

Attachments

• cab.jpg
    cab.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 78