New House Build in WV

/ New House Build in WV #521  
The front door at dad’s never get used, we always use the back. If someone knocks on the front, we know they ain’t from around here.

/ New House Build in WV
Any updates?

Not too much, my back still isn’t allowing me to do everything I want, but is getting better everyday. Baseball took a lot of my time, as I was the head coach this time, but that ended last week.

Deal finally went through on my double wide, and I get paid tomorrow. Had my contractor friend come out today and help me get the porches and under pinning off of it. Buyer couldn’t find anyone so he gave a good price to get it done.

My 8 year old wanted a rifle of his own so I got him a youth 350 legend for his birthday. Spent a lot of free time letting him shoot it before rifle season starts in November.

Wife and daughter has always wanted a horse, and now we have one. Wife’s uncle gave them a very gentle mare that is very easy to ride. I’m now researching metal buildings to get for a horse barn and planning out some pasture fencing. It’s at a friends house until we get things ready.

Work never ends we always seem to fill every minute with something. Hope to get back to working on finishing touches of the house soon. Grass I planted is growing great, hit it just right on most of it.

/ New House Build in WV #523  
No shortage of work, is there.

Hope the son has a good hunting season.

/ New House Build in WV #524  

Wife and daughter has always wanted a horse, and now we have one. Wife’s uncle gave them a very gentle mare that is very easy to ride. I’m now researching metal buildings to get for a horse barn and planning out some pasture fencing. It’s at a friends house until we get things ready.

I didn't know anything about having horses, and still don't. What I have learned is that they never stop eating, and you need a dry place to keep all their food. You will never stop buying food for them!!

The other thing is to build the most expensive fence possible, but everything cheaper will end up costing you more money. I'm currently working on tearing out everything that I've already done over the years and installing 2x4 no climb fence. From everything that I've seen and read, this is the best choice for horses. Since I also have goats, it's a very good fence for them too. So far the hardest part about the fence other then the cost of it, is finding it.

/ New House Build in WV
I didn't know anything about having horses, and still don't. What I have learned is that they never stop eating, and you need a dry place to keep all their food. You will never stop buying food for them!!

The other thing is to build the most expensive fence possible, but everything cheaper will end up costing you more money. I'm currently working on tearing out everything that I've already done over the years and installing 2x4 no climb fence. From everything that I've seen and read, this is the best choice for horses. Since I also have goats, it's a very good fence for them too. So far the hardest part about the fence other then the cost of it, is finding it.

Eddie I agree 100%!

Looking at building, or having built, a 30x36, building for stalls, hay storage, etc. I have an older non working chest freezer I plan to use for grain storage.

Current horse was fence with two strands of electric for the last 10 years, so she should be easy to keep in. I will build a stronger fence for any future horses, though. It does seem the farm supply stores are low on wooden posts, but I haven’t figured what I need yet, or bought any. They are not cheap either, especially the 6” and up posts. I’ll start getting that lined out in the next week or so. I’ll start with 2-3 acres around the barn and then add on from there. My goal is the fence the whole property over the next couple years, we will see how that goes.

/ New House Build in WV #526  
Some horses like to have a stable mate.....same with calves, they do better with 2 or more.

/ New House Build in WV
Some horses like to have a stable mate.....same with calves, they do better with 2 or more.

My wife is already searching for a 2nd horse. We will need another so her and my daughter can ride together anyway.

/ New House Build in WV #528  
My wife is already searching for a 2nd horse. We will need another so her and my daughter can ride together anyway.
Wish you where closer, I'll give you one, or all four of mine!!!!

/ New House Build in WV #530  
And Eddie would end up sleeping in the barn if he gave them away.