Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,032  
Looks like a nice stack of logs started Mr. Gordon...

And looks like you had a spectacular late fall day to make it happen.

Nice to see blue sky!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,033  
I have a bungie that I sometimes use, but the saw stays put good enough that I rarely use it.

SR
Wow -your saw sat there on the hood even going up that steep hill? You must have a knack for finding the smooth road. I'm not sure I could keep a saw on my hood just idling :)

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,034  
Wow -your saw sat there on the hood even going up that steep hill? You must have a knack for finding the smooth road. I'm not sure I could keep a saw on my hood just idling :)

gg
That saw has ridden so many miles on that hood, it probably knows how to hang on for dear life as the tractor is moving. lol

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,035  
I’d have it on the ground and under the tires before going a hundred feet

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,036  
Well, it can't come off backwards, the steering wheel is there. It can't come off sideways because of the loader arms, and the "sticky" backing on the carpet, just doesn't want to slide on that hood.

Actually, It just sits there on it's side pretty good...

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,038  
View attachment 360391

And THIS is why you should always take the biggest tractor you have into the bush!

Sorry about poor quality, it was a scanned Polaroid.

Actually I have to kiss the oil mans azz cause this machine (JD 6200) drinks fuel like I simply can't explain! Maybe it's not broken in yet with only just over 1000 hours!
You couldn't get more on that thing?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,039  
Not a fan of stacking. Once I got my tractor things changed.
I can't afford the metal totes ( $100.00 here) so I make mine out of wood pallets 42 x42. Almost all red oak. 3 pallets make a cord.
I try to stack them 2 high. I can't lift a full one ( freshly split and green weighs 1630lbs) to the top so I lift one 2/3 full and then top off.
After a couple of years year a full on is lifted just fine (1176lbs dry) A lot of water weight gone.
Then I top cover and one cover does 2 skids of wood (in the back row).
I tell my neighbor that I'm making a wood fence.
I have a few more skids to fill and stack then I'm done for now.
These pallet racks last for 6-8 years. The sacrificial skid on the bottom just 3 years.
If the bottom skid is frozen to ground leave it and lift upper skid
Seems like a rather inconvenient place to store your Scrambler!!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,040  
I also live "in the woods".
My bride on the other hand used to be a woodsy person but has since altered to being a "beach" person.
Those 3 wks we rent a house on the shore are my most miserable time of the year.
Only thing that keeps me afloat is seeing the joy in my wife's eyes when she's down there.
I don't go on the beach. I fix things around the house we stay at.
There is nothing to fix there that entails a chainsaw and tractor however.
My better half was an suburbanite when we met, I've slowly been converting her to our side! She'd spend every day on the beach if she could, she mumbles something about hot sand between her toes, not sure... Anyway, she has been a great helper in our firewood endeavor, but she doesn't always like it. Last weekend we spent a bit over an hour splitting wood for the neighbor and all week she's been feeling the back pain, I said that's what happens when you pull landscaping duty (Happy Gilmore reference). She said she has more appreciation for the days I do it all alone.

Last edited: