A kid gets terminated at work...

/ A kid gets terminated at work... #111  
They still publish those payroll lists once a year in our local paper.

I recall someone wanting to publish the name and address of all of the concealed carry permit holders here. I don't recall what happened, other than it didn't get published.
Not even close to the same argument.

When people's salaries are paid by my taxes I have very right to know how much they make.

My CHL is no one's business but my own.

/ A kid gets terminated at work... #112  
That would be the SF Bay Area newspapers listing name and city of all CCW holders with exemption for law enforcement judges.

/ A kid gets terminated at work... #113  
.. so they're switching to being traveling nurses (whatever that means). They said they aren't tied to the hospital and can move around a lot. They just do their job and get paid.
It means register with an agency and go wherever you are dispatched to. A real 'Journeyman' in the classic sense. Length of employment at the destination can be random. While there, earn double the hourly pay of the permanent staff nurses there.

A friend of my wife did that for years in a large metropolitan area and never had to go beyond an hour commute. I suppose in the rural states the only work available might be two states over.

And commenting on an earlier topic in the thread - A sub-branch where I worked had the Large Public Agency's internal investigations branch. Just two employees. (I did the research for them in a couple of instances). They had a pet non-specific answer when asked the result of an investigation:

"Oh he moved on to pursue other opportunities elsewhere."

:D

/ A kid gets terminated at work... #114  
It means register with an agency and go wherever you are dispatched to. A real 'Journeyman' in the classic sense. Length of employment at the destination can be random. While there, earn double the hourly pay of the permanent staff nurses there.

A friend of my wife did that for years in a large metropolitan area and never had to go beyond an hour commute. I suppose in the rural states the only work available might be two states over.

And commenting on an earlier topic in the thread - A sub-branch where I worked had the Large Public Agency's internal investigations branch. Just two employees. (I did the research for them in a couple of instances). They had a pet non-specific answer when asked the result of an investigation:

"Oh he moved on to pursue other opportunities elsewhere."

:D
i met a young couple in portland about 10 years ago. Both nurses working on contract.

Their deal was, hire us both and we will stay for 1 year.

They had traveled all over the world and seemed to be looking forward to their next adventure.

/ A kid gets terminated at work... #115  
Yes... plus it can be a foot in the door for immigration...

In 1990 my hospital did not have a single nurse from the Philippines and now roughly half the nurses may have ties to the Philippines even if born here.

Being a nurse is still very highly respected in some cultures and pays well especially with experience.

Also being a mister mom is not that uncommon...

One of my friend is a RN 35 years and all her children are nurses. Dad was the one keeping the house, picking up the kids, etc.

From my experience they also tend to concentrate on work and stay home until marriage and
/or buying a home and with today's prices they are still able to do