When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live?

/ When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #21  
April-October, central Minnesota.

/ When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #22  
I mowed today, and will continue to mow until we get a hard freeze and the grass stops growing. (That might be this coming Tuesday;-)
Short grass makes blowing leaves with the backpac blower so much more efficient.

/ When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #23  
I start 1st or 2nd week of April and usually stop in early November. I would have mowed today if it had not been too wet. Today probably would have been the last real grass cutting but one more is required to grind up some leaves.

/ When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #24  
I start 1st or 2nd week of April and usually stop in early November. I would have mowed today if it had not been too wet. Today probably would have been the last real grass cutting but one more is required to grind up some leaves.
Wet leaves "mulch" better in the yard mower (bagger)

Chopped up leaves look better on the gardens as mulch (at least my wife says so.)

/ When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #25  
Normal year is usually mid May to Late September. Still need to one more cutting. Plus leaf pickup which is normally done by this time of year. Was cutting lawn every 5 days most of the summer. Here is what it looked like yesterday. Grass is still very green.
vckhcfm.jpg

Last edited:
   / When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #26  
Start when the ground is dry enough, stop when it's too wet and no chance to dry out anymore (northeast)

/ When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #27  
I mowed today, and will continue to mow until we get a hard freeze and the grass stops growing. (That might be this coming Tuesday;-)
Short grass makes blowing leaves with the backpac blower so much more efficient.
We don't blow or bag leaves, just mulch them with the grass. I'd have mowed today if some frozen rain chunks wouldn't have fell out of the skies. Low cut grass and mulched leaves allow the grass to get out in the spring. Our gound doesn't really freeze here.

/ When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #28  
I never really remember.

I do know that it's usually 2-3 mowings before people start finding morels.

I don't recall mowing often if ever in March. I think my yard is usually mid April.

Could have used a mowing this weekend....last few mows have been every other week cause it's really slowed down. But everything was waterlogged this weekend.

Got some hard frosts this week. So probably mow this coming weekend then be done and store mower for winter

/ When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #29  
Late March/early April to start, normally...but some years there's still snow on the lawn until mid-April.
Mowing's normally done late October, but looks like we might have one more mowing this year (2021)in November

/ When do you start and stop mowing the grass where you live? #30  
Late March/early April to start, normally...but some years there's still snow on the lawn until mid-April.
Mowing's normally done late October, but looks like we might have one more mowing this year (2021)in November
Seems like a long season for northern New England.
Usually 2nd week in May thru mid-ish Oct. here, with the last "mowing" mostly mulching leaves. Like ArlyA, I don't rake them, just shred with the mower.
Usually have to mow every 4-5 days thru early July, then maybe go a couple days longer. This summer was on the rainy side so a bit more often than usual.