New (er) truck time, tell me what you think of this one.

/ New (er) truck time, tell me what you think of this one.
I'm pretty sure that 16 still had the steel body , super duties started aluminum in MY 17 so another plus for the 18.

Yes, I was under the impression that the aluminum started in 16’, found out otherwise.

/ New (er) truck time, tell me what you think of this one. #32  
The aluminum is a big plus if you live where rust is a problem. It’s pretty easy to add a factory brake controller. An XLT is a lot more likely to have remote start.

18’s at home!
IMG_1337.jpg

Thanks! Good 100 mile shake down run to get it home, very nice to drive. I have some plans for it to make it my own.

/ New (er) truck time, tell me what you think of this one. #37  
31k miles, that hasn't even been driven yet! Nice looking truck, hopefully it will treat you well.

/ New (er) truck time, tell me what you think of this one. #38  
Would have never guessed by your screen name, lol.

I considered it, it’s main job is towing a 10k dump trailer and a 20k (registered at 10k) tilt deck, but even with a busy side business year, I’m only at 4K miles for the year, so with that limited use, the up charge is t worth it.
Diesel truck resale value makes up the difference in the end. A gasser truck with $250k miles isn’t worth much, but a diesel with the same mileage still brings a decent price.

/ New (er) truck time, tell me what you think of this one. #39  

Currently having it delivered to my local store. Price is right in the middle of blue book private party sale. Replacing an 06’ Chevy k2500 with 233k miles. I’ll sell the Chevrolet privately.
Looks like a good buy from my uneducated eyes. Well cared for.

I don't care for the bed liner, but that's a minor thing. And I was glad to see that they didn't wash down the engine compartment and spray it down with Armour All - that usually indicates some needed repairs that are being covered up. Even so, an inspection by a qualified mechanic is warranted before the cash changes hands.