Farm UTV/RTV Purchase

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #21  
I just got a Polaris 570 full size a few weeks ago. I like it a lot. I couldn't justify the expense of the XP1000. I find that the 570 has plenty of power and pep. Mine is not a crew though.
Look up how to prime the oil if you turn it on its side. It's a very good vehicle.

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #22  
Good thread...from my research so far, finding a UTV is harder than finding a tractor right now. I'd rather get a name brand, but may go with Massimo or Benneche (assembled in DFW area) due to price/availability.

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #23  
The delineation line today is speed. The Polaris/can-am/Yamaha use belt driven chassis. The Kubota uses HST transmissions.

The Kubota can do more work, but is painfully slow. Any hills you have basically neuter's the machine. The others can go much faster and are more nimble, but may suffer in pure work type activities.

Honestly, the belt driven machines have so much power, they really don't suffer in the work realm anymore. They are not a purpose built machine like the Kubota.
The Kubota RTV-XG850 uses belt drive and goes fast. Too fast at times.

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #24  
The kubota HST are like a tractor. Slow and ride just about as rough.

4-seats with a dump bed limit options.

They are all really expensive.

I was in the market a few years ago....and opted for speed (dont want to be limited to 25MPH) and ride comfort in lieu of big dump bed. I have a tractor with a front mounted dump (also known as front loader) if I need to haul and dump stuff.

So I swayed more on the "sport" side of things to get the ride comfort. I ended with a Kawasaki terex4.
Unlike so many other 4-seaters...the kawasaki doesnt have a wheelbase than seems like you are driving a schoolbus

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #25  
UTV's and ATV's are great for doing work. (y) We own a truck, but rarely take it on the rough, weedy paths into the woods. Our machines box is small, but we still cram everything we need into it while doing trail work.
P1020457.jpg

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #27  
Another Kawasaki Teryx here. Mine is a two seater with a manual dump bed. I bought it in 2013 and have used the dump feature exactly twice.

The tractor bucket is for dirt, and the Teryx is for most other things.

The Teryx four seater is on the same wheelbase as my two seater. I think the long wheelbase of some of the competition would be problematic.

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #29  
If by "lift bed" you mean "dump bed" I would suggest the Honda Pioneer 1000-5.

I'm in East Texas with about the same acreage. I have the 700-4 Pioneer but the 1000-5 will give you more speed if you like to take it on the county roads it has a dump bed which I use frequently.

Rather than the automatic CVT that uses a belt, the power from the Honda motor moves through a dual clutch system.
My biggest complaints on my Honda 1000-5 were that the roll cage covered the entire bed which made it harder to load and unload stuff. Also when it's hard to keep a slow and steady speed, and when you are putting around the heat from engine under the seat gets uncomfortable. The seats in the back are not comfy and when they're up you have zero bed space. Had tons of power though!

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #30  
Own a Kubota tractor but no interested in the RTV.Have owned and used all the major Japanese machine and currently have two Yamahas.They have the best engine braking system in the industry.
Belt life is guaranteed for ten years.
I have a three seater but they do make a six seat Viking.Put many miles on mine for personal use and business.
Never a problem.