Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden?

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #22  
They're cheap.

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #27  
We have garden space that is fenced with 4'-5' high fencing and I use my Branson 3515ch with 4' tiller. We decided on strip gardening leaving grass space/walkways between rows. Yes, we do get dear and rabbits. I will this winter put 2' or 3' chicken type fence to the existing fence to hopefully keep rabbits out. Deer is another issue....

The attached picture was when we 1st created the garden.

Tilling.jpg

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #28  
Yes, Teflon is expensive, but nothing will climb it!

We've got white-tail deer here (a/k/a "round these parts") and I want to plant some trees which I'm told they like to eat. How tall should I think about building my fence? (Teflon poles, razor wire, 10KV?)

Best,

Mike/Florida

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #29  
I am planning on a fairly large garden. Because I live in a psychotic State the Deer are like zombie hoards and you can't do anything to deter them that might offend Bambi or the soccer moms so I gotta put in a fence.
Therein lies the Rub
I think I should fence in a rather large area My Tractor is a Kioti DK 47. my gardening implements are a Howard Rotovator and a Dearborn two bottom 14" plow and a Tuffline subsoiler. I don't have a disk I'm thinking the rotovator will do just fine. I plan on building a hiller for a tool bar I bought.

Back to the fence. I am struggling with the idea of a tractor in a fenced-in area. I'm thinking I need to leave a fair bit of mown grass around the actual garden. How do you address the need to be able to turn your rig around and use it in the fenced in garden?

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #30  
Yes, Teflon is expensive, but nothing will climb it!

We've got white-tail deer here (a/k/a "round these parts") and I want to plant some trees which I'm told they like to eat. How tall should I think about building my fence? (Teflon poles, razor wire, 10KV?)

Best,

Mike/Florida
The vast majority of deer (likely approaching 99.9% other than a couple reported mutant deer) won't jump over a 7.5' fence; use 8' if you're paranoid.

To begin with, you can simply "cage" young trees with a circle of fence around them - get some cheap welded wire 2x4 fencing 6' high and cut it into 12' lengths and curl it into a ring around each tree. Hook it closed with wire from one end of the ring onto the other end. This will keep the trees safe for a few years until you set up the real fence.