Regen Issues

/ Regen Issues #11  
Dealerships only get paid for warranty work if the OEM agrees it is covered. I haven't heard of that problem for Kubota, but 2 unrelated dealerships told me they had problems getting paid by Mahindra for warranty jobs. Of course, these were former Mahindra dealers, so take that with a grain of salt.

/ Regen Issues #12  
Dealerships only get paid for warranty work if the OEM agrees it is covered. I haven't heard of that problem for Kubota, but 2 unrelated dealerships told me they had problems getting paid by Mahindra for warranty jobs. Of course, these were former Mahindra dealers, so take that with a grain of salt.

Yes, you have just made public one of the major problems in new tractor warranties. And it is one that deserves more attention.

A dealer warranty is only as good as the OEM support. That is something that new buyers take on faith more than they should. It is especially important to someone who includes a factory warranty as being important to their buying decision.

Dealers tend to not talk about any problems with OEM support, and so buyers rarely hear about it.

/ Regen Issues #13  
My neck of the woods, here in Canada, we have the same problem with dealerships so we fight back and fight back hard. Its your money spent and as suggested the fuel separators should do their job. One word of caution record everything that is said and done, every time you talk to them, and then keep that record. Warranties only last so long so when you take the tractor in for ''warranty work'' it needs to work or as a new tractor or the warranty work is not done as suggested earlier. Good Luck and DO NOT BACK DOWN

/ Regen Issues #14  
Anyone else have problems with Regen on M7060 Kubota? Dealer replaced entire Emmissions and injectors about a year ago and now non stop regen. Warranty runs out in December and now they are saying water in diesel causing problem. 11 k to change components. No loss of power while driving
I quit at the Kubota place when that started. They say dirty fuel or contaminated fuel. Get it running good and get rid of it. Out of warranty costs a bundle. They all had problems. Saw 100 hp cab tractors shut down with 18 hours on them. Took it all down, send to Tulsa for testing. Same ole b's answer.

/ Regen Issues #15  
Most of the answers here are not based on what someone has really experienced. I have 3 Kubotas with DOF now, traded in one for a larger one. Let’s say 3,000 hours plus. My main DPF problem has been regen near end of job so I needed to work longer to complete regen. I’ll add to that my nephew’s main feeding tractor with 4,500 hours. So for us, no mechanical issues, only timing of regen. But I do pay special attention to fuel quality because in my former career validating common rail systems, fuel was the worst problem. Dirty fuel could wipe out injectors in 30 hours. So we worked with our fuel filter supplier to develop a super clean filter. Dirty fuel problem solved, except for customers who bought will fit fuel filters to save money, and lost injectors within a week. Another issue is water separators - 90% efficiency. That means 10% of the water in your fuel is going to make it through. My M7-171 has 2 filters and 2 water separators. In addition, the fuel from my tanks goes through a water block filter before it gets to my tractor. Our injectors wore so bad with wet and dirty fuel that engines wouldn’t start - injectors couldn’t build enough pressure at cranking speed to be able to trigger. Not saying this is your problem but is a possibility. That was for Tier 3. By the time Tier 4 came around, we looked to Denso injectors as our testing showed them to have better wear life. I think Kubota uses Denso but not sure.

/ Regen Issues #16  
With about 530 hours on my M7060 there have been no problems whatsoever. Only way I know regen is going on is if I look down and see the light on in the dash.

/ Regen Issues #17  
Denso electronic fuel injectors as used on the M7060 and other Tier IV Kubota engines of similar hp are known to have problems. There are bulletins documenting the known failure patterns, troubleshooting procedures and replacement guidance. There is a lengthy thread here documenting one owner's experience.
This particular failure is not coupled to DPF problems.

Last edited:
   / Regen Issues #18  
The OP joined, made the post and has not been back. Why start a conversation if you have no interest in the topic? They may not even have a tractor.

/ Regen Issues #19  
The OP joined, made the post and has not been back. Why start a conversation if you have no interest in the topic? They may not even have a tractor.
That's an interesting thought. Thanks.
rScotty

/ Regen Issues #20  
He's feeding you baloney. A warranty can't run out on a repair that started under warranty and hasn't been completed. What's wrong with these dealers?? And why do they continue to get away it all the BS? It isn't like warranty costs come out of the dealer's pocket.

Although if your dealer is that crooked, you may need to have a lawyer explain some of the warranty obligations to him in language he understands.
Be sure to do that before December...

Have the lawyer also explain just who it is that will be paying the legal bill for wasting his time and yours, too.
i was told you can't recover your legal fees.

just remember....your lawyer is not your friend!