Dash Issue?

/ Dash Issue? #1  

Avenger

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS XR4145C
I was talking with @PCABE5 we discovered a common issue with the dash on our tractors. When starting the tractor cold, the dash goes out and comes back on just after the tractor starts. I thought this was normal. His dash throws a code: U01. The dealer has no idea, and its not published in any of the service manuals. Which leads me to believe its a dash module code. PCABE5 was able to fix the issue on his tractor by replacing the batter, maybe its dropping too much voltage at startup, causing the issue. He filmed it and sent me the clip.

Since this issue has been an issue for so long, I figured it was normal behavior. After all, it works, just blinks out for a few. I never noticed a code before, but I barely pay attention to the dash after the glow plug light turns out. So, I filmed mine. No code.

Does your tractor do this?

/ Dash Issue? #2  
Yep it was a strange code. I included a close up of the code. The code would pop up anytime the tractor sat for a week or longer but never presented a starting issue. I should mention that this code is not stored by the ECM so a scanner doesn't see it.

When watching this the voltage seemed low so I figured a new AGM battery was worth trying. So far the code has not returned with the new battery.
452480070.jpg

Last edited:
   / Dash Issue? #3  
It may work like a car. In many cars when you go to the start position most if not all other electrical circuits are disconnected to allow maximum power to the starter. When the key is released to the run position the starter disengages and everything else comes on. That's not a for sure it's more of a possibility.

/ Dash Issue?
It may work like a car. In many cars when you go to the start position most if not all other electrical circuits are disconnected to allow maximum power to the starter. When the key is released to the run position the starter disengages and everything else comes on. That's not a for sure it's more of a possibility.
Thats exactly what I thought it was. But if the dash cuts out on some tractors and not others, makes me think that is not the case. Also, nothing else seems to cut out, like lights.

/ Dash Issue? #5  
In the auto repair world U codes are module communication faults. Typically caused by weak grounds or voltage drop. Perhaps your battery is a little short on reserve and during cranking voltage drops enough that a module goes offline until voltage builds again?

/ Dash Issue? #6  
I have not had this happen on my MT225 yet.

/ Dash Issue? #7  
Mrsig, your posts are hard to read with the small font & the green color. Just letting you know.