Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #141,451  
Good morning! A surprising 33˚F, south wind, heading to the upper 60s. edit - First frost, but only on the North side of the house.

Wngsprd, your wife dodged two bullets in one day, whew.

Here is another cha-ching product. As we get older we cannot afford to fall, we need to see all obstacles in our way especially at night. I bought this inexpensive motion detection night light for me and one for Mom. I use mine every night. There are 5 doors in the bathroom only one has the commode, this light helps me find the right door. (One confusing night, before the motion light, someone replace the commode with a wall. It took a while in my half sleep to figure I might have gone in the wrong door.) It is very bright, I had to put blue painters tape on it to make it not so bright so it will not wake up my wife. It has a mode to only detect motion only or darkness and motion, and it works excellent 25 feet away. I have mine to detect just motion and when I get out of bed it turns on so I can see and not stumble. Oh, and more important thing, it is Mom approved she has had hers for a year.

New recipe for WFPB pecan pie turned out excellent!!! The crust is made from almond flour and the filling has 2 cups of pecans and one cup of dates, 1/2 cup applesauce for the filling.

Don't forget, Thanksgiving is one of the deadliest holidays.
"A heavy meal can increase your risk of heart attack by about four times in the two hours after you’re done eating, according to a study presented at the American Heart Association’s Scientific Sessions 2000.
Researchers say eating a heavy meal may act as a trigger for a heart attack in a similar way to extreme physical activity and outbursts of anger, especially in someone who has heart disease."

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #141,452  
Popgadget, that’s a good looking grapple, I wish I could justify one, they’re fun to use. One for my little tractor is not expensive but it wouldn’t get used much at all.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,453  
30 going to 46. Coldest day so far.

Roy, hope she is improving. I had wife duty last night. I took her to get her test, which was thankfully negative, and she's been feeling better, so she decided to climb the extension ladder to hang a decoration...missed the last step coming down and fell flat out on the floor...couldn't get up for a couple of minutes...I was out on the tractor, so then took a while for her to get my attention...only bruised, stiff, and embarrassed. We looked at each other and said, "Well, guess that's the official beginning of us being old." Ice packs helped a lot, and my loving attention.

Otherwise, I took two steps back for every step forward on 3 projects yesterday. Thomas, is that what 2 left feet means? I'll try again today!

I fell off a 40 foot ladder once. But I was only on the first step so I survived. Hope your wife will be OK!

And remember, even the high-level PCR Covid test has a false negative rate of 20%. So I would get tested a second time.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,454  
As we get older we cannot afford to fall,

Adding this one item to my bathtub/shower has hugely improved my feeling of safety there. I got mine at CVS for twice as much, this looks like a bargain. Tile only, won't stick to plastic well.
You can attach it at exactly the height your hand would grab if you started to slip. When standing up washing my hair with eyes closed, nice to know where the hand hold is.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,455  
Good Morning!!!! 46F @ 4:30AM. Plentiful sunshine. High 63F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Chance of rain has once again disappeared from the 10-day.

We're not made out of rubber anymore, Billy. Glad everything worked out OK.

I don't know if they'll work the same or not, Paul, but the ultrasonic transducers in the unit I have will heat the water in the tank quite well, even without turning on the heaters. And I learned the hard way that Simple Green will turn pot metal black, and hard water will deposit calcium on the parts. I couldn't believe my luck when the new 4in1 bucket arrived with the correct flat face fittings, installed in the proper orientation. Once in a blue moon...

Sorry you had trouble with the electrician, Doug. Good luck finding one with good business sense.

Opened the transmission back up yesterday and decided to redo pretty much everything. Reseated the lower bearings in the case by heating the case and giving each shaft a tap, then cleaned and measured each of the shims. You can't always rely on the label on the bag they came in. Also reviewed the spreadsheet I've been using, and made some changes to make it easier to understand. Same with the drawing, and I'm feeling better about the whole process. Today I hope to get all the measurements done again, rebuild and install the shim stacks, and get it all buttoned up and still feel the shafts turning easily. Fingers crossed on that one.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,456  
Ladders can be so tricky. You just have to get the feet planted safely where they won't slide and on uneven ground not so easy.
I learned at age 16 how dangerous ladders and electricity were. Father had this nice new heavy duty aluminum extension ladder, pretty heavy thing that
clanked like mad. Back then we were using whitewash on the house. Mix up a pail and with a big brush sort of mop it on. Definitely had to put tarps over the nice
flowers below. I'm up at the eaves with a half full bucket of white wash dangling off the side of this ladder, and that dreadful screeching sounds starts of a metal ladder sliding
on stone. Unfortunately the main power lines came into the house there and sure enough the ladder slid right into them. Melted half of one rung off in a big shower of sparks, not too much of
which I saw as I was falling into the 8 foot tall thick bush below. I was fine, just shook up and scared.

PECO lineman came out in a few hours, shook his head, and told my Father they lost a guy on the job doing just this the week before. Metal ladders and electricity are surely bad news.
Why all the pros now go to fiberglass. So I wrecked an expensive ladder but my Father wasn't too angry because I almost electrocuted myself. There were three wires coming in. I broke two.
The third one, so the lineman said, would have killed me.

So long before I became a fireman I had a healthy respect/fear of ladders. And certainly learned immediately to never put that ladder anywhere near electric lines again.

RNG, good luck and hope it works.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,457  
29F right now. Today will be cold and breezy but the sun is out and the sky is blue. Got to get up leaves at the farm. The leaves here at the house are falling and blowing so the front yard which was in good shape now needs work. My wife raked leaves in the back yard yesterday and I could hardly tell she had done anything when she was done.

A hot turkey sandwich sure does sound good.

I think twice about ladders now days. I don't have to think twice about the 32 footer at the farm because I can hardly move it any more. I use the handrails on the stairs too.

It is a mystery to me how they get blueberries from Chile and Peru to stores all across America in the winter but they are pretty often good. Blueberry muffins make my mouth water.

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #141,458  
Morning all, sunny soon and cold at 28.
Yesterday neighbor got the new mailbox ready and poured the base, so might go in today.
Will need to run down there to help later.

Alien - good luck with the new electrician-sometimes you have to cut and run

Roy - how much longer before wife ready to get on her own feet? Hope she is healing ok.

Wngsprd -glad about the neg test, but ladder fall not a good follow up

Drew - glad your Office Install is finally working- If you need help with shed, I can be around Sat morning.

We keep having fighter jets go overhead. Seems the lakehurst/fort Dix people are doing drills. Reminds me of work many years ago....

Randy- guess the heater didn't like becoming a chair.

PopG- that grapple is nice. Use my forks, not anywhere as nice as a grapple

Speaking of ladders, got to get the 30 footer out soon to put up the Xmas lights.

stay safe and be well,

/ Good morning!!!! #141,459  
Here is another cha-ching product. As we get older we cannot afford to fall, we need to see all obstacles in our way especially at night. I bought this inexpensive motion detection night light for me and one for Mom. I use mine every night. There are 5 doors in the bathroom only one has the commode, this light helps me find the right door. It is very bright, I had to put blue painters tape on it to make it not so bright so it will not wake up my wife. It has a mode to only detect motion only or darkness and motion, and it works excellent 25 feet away. I have mine to detect just motion and when I get out of bed it turns on so I can see and not stumble. Oh, and more important thing, it is Mom approved she has had hers for a year.

[https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071W91CQC?psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp
Thanks for the recommendation!
Just ordered 5 for various places around the house...maybe one in the garage

/ Good morning!!!! #141,460  
Good morning! 21 now, maybe 39 later. Sky was really clear this morning.

Yesterday was easy day. Most of the calls were the other product line, so I had it easy. Even the calls I got were easy. I like those days.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving. Vacation day tomorrow. Last year, things weren't so good. So really want to enjoy this year with the family. They are giving me a break this year, I don't have to fry and smoke a turkey.

Not sure what I will get into tomorrow, but will find something.

I posted some pictures of my Bultaco rebuild on a couple of private groups on Facebook. I was surprised the amount of locals who are on the 2 groups. Last evening, got a private message from one of the "Bultaco" guru's asking me to call him. That shocked me. Need to find some time to do that today.

One year ago today was a bad day. So here it goes....this is a bit long.....

Today was the day I finally surrendered 1 year ago and got tested. I felt worse than I did Monday, basically never left the couch. I lost interest in food, had trouble drinking water. In hind sight, this is likely when the virus wreaked havoc on my GI tract. I ran a consistent fever all day. When my wife got home from work, I had her take me to the emergency room. I tried to do it myself earlier, but didn't have enough strength to get dressed, walk to the truck, and drive myself to the hospital. Likely it was a good idea I waited. I had trouble sitting up in her truck on the way to the hospital.

The emergency room was crowded, they finally took me to triage. My Blood Oxygen Level was 89%, fever was 101°. They eventually found me a room. The emergency room doctor was a woman, oddly I remember very little else about her. The nurse was a guy. I remember him well. Lazy and not all that competent is how I remember him. I was tested for Covid and it came back positive. They had put me on oxygen and fluids. They also drew blood for blood work. The beginning of frequent ventilation of my arms

The doctor told my wife they were going to keep me until the IV bag was empty. She also told my wife I was not sick enough to be admitted. She decided to go home, the hospital could call her when I was ready. That was a long wait, as the nurse had crimped the line on the IV and it was not flowing properly. The doctor was wondering why it took so long, she discovered the crimped line. The "nurse" couldn't figure it out. Finally about 2 am the bag was empty.

The "nurse" got me ready to go, I had to pee. He removed the IV, slapped a band aid on it and said go ahead and go. He had also laid my clothes on the bed to get dressed. I decided to not get dressed until I peed. Good idea. While I was peeing, the quickly applied band aid came off and blood started spewing everywhere. Toilet, walls, floor, sink, mirror, gown, etc. had blood on it. I pushed the emergency button but used a paper towel to get the bleeding stopped. The "nurse" was quite pissy about the whole thing when he got his lazy ass in the room. Also found out he hadn't had anyone make the call to my wife to retrieve me. It took her over an hour to get there once I had the lady in the emergency room admitting make the call. We had left the house a little after 6 PM, got home about 4 AM the next morning. I actually was able to walk to the truck then into the house when we got home. That time on oxygen and the fluids had been a good thing. Though both just delayed the inevitable.

Everyone stay safe out there!

Last edited: