The Log house Project begins........

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,341  
Dad had both his done (not at the same time).. Docs were amazed how fast he recovered, but he works out most days and is in good shape.. he had better range of motion right after surgery than most of the patients have before surgery..

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,342  
My 90 year old mom says she regrets hers, but I wonder just how bad her real knee would have been 18 years later......

The key to knee replacement is to keep moving after surgery. Numerous coworkers have had it. One retired right after his. Another keeps walking everywhere and is in great shape. So it all depends how active you keep yourself. Hopefully my knee will hold out. 5 different relatives, including Dad, had knee replacements. So I might have to yet.
hugs, Brandi

/ The Log house Project begins........
#2,343  
Good to hear from you. I致e been debating knee replacement for several years. Just too chicken to go for it.

Bo, if you are going to do it, find a Dr that is using robotics...it gets the 'oops' factor down to under 1%. The robot/computer controls the operating parameters, sets the angles and stops the cutting blade if it gets out of the 'envelope'. Being a Neanderthal carpenter myself, I can appreciate a skilled carpenter/surgeon fixing my knees. It really is pretty straight forward.....like replacing a rotten log. Cut out and remove rotten log above foundation. Insert an exact replica of old removed log to take the place of the damaged one....same length, thickness and scribing the notch to match perfectly.

/ The Log house Project begins........
#2,344  
The key to knee replacement is to keep moving after surgery. Numerous coworkers have had it. One retired right after his. Another keeps walking everywhere and is in great shape. So it all depends how active you keep yourself. Hopefully my knee will hold out. 5 different relatives, including Dad, had knee replacements. So I might have to yet.
hugs, Brandi

Agree 100%. Sitting around hurts way worse that walking. Even now, 5 months out, went to a concert in Nashville and sat trapped in those seat made for Lilliputians. That was 2 days ago and my knees still hurts.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,345  
Hello Rick! I hope all is going well with you and yours!

Andy

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,347  
Liver eating Johnson style.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,350  
Rick,
How is the house doing? Did your fixes to the roof cure everything?
hugs, Brandi