Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #141,941  
Good evening all. 42F for the start, mostly clear, light breeze. Light wind day, sky was partly cloudy, high temp was 77f, DP 47F. Slow day today, puttered then bike ride. Lunch then conserve energy then nap. Today's ride put me over the 6,000 mile mark. Have good shot to pass all time yearly mileage of 6,180.
Covid update: Cooke 4216 confirmed cases, 19 active cases, Montague 2694 confirmed cases, 27 active cases, Grayson, 16,549 confirmed cases, 164 active cases. Cooke 3, Montague 1, Grayson 12, new cases.
Roy other than arm soreness, no side effects from Moderna booster, both vaccines Moderna as well.
Ron sorry aunt not feeling well. Looks like blue jay convention
Buppies hope no rain to interrupt job
Billy sorry to hear foot keeping you from hiking. Hope decorations go well.
Drew hope you had good luck with landlady and HD
Bill hope town run went well
RNG good to hear rain in forecast, and that spraying went well. Hope you can get white bike up and running again.
Paul guess the scale did not get the roll back signal :) hope you enjoyed the show
Bird, glad yesterday morning went well at Dr, sorry about kitchen light.
Ken any chance for additional sound deadening? good luck with light sphere
Don glad to hear lights are up. Also nice to hear replacement knee wrap has arrived. We put weather curtains on the golf cart, good to about 40F
Rich really sorry about Dr S, glad Dr Deb A was taking over your medical care. Wondering why car behind you did not just go around you?
David hoping surgery goes well. How long do they estimate before she can go home?
RS got a lot done yesterday, sorry about no boots for wife. Hope you can back on Kubota and find problem.
PJ glad funeral went well, hope your wife is holding up.
Randy hope surgery went well.
Don nice work on the snake. Hope you like your new machine :)
Thomas sorry gout still messing with you prayers sent
Doug barn looks great, hope tile is progressing, easy to which are the rainbow lorrikeets
RS you must be getting close to ready for winter outside.
Don tire looks ugly :(
Buppies will be praying for you
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, Bird/aging issues/, Don/whipper, more tests/ Grey 2, health /ring bearer/back broken & infections, Don/ neighbors with Covid, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL covid, /cancer surgeries, PJ/FIL death, Dennis /wife wrist surgery and recovery, Roy/ palpitations/ angina, wife/ankle recovery, Billy/ wife fall, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies/new cancer on face /lingering cough, Thomas/gout, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted/knee recovery/retirement, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/aunt fall injuries, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery, Ron/neighbor Covid issues, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, RS wife/ dog bite recovery, Scaredy/injuries from fall, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Mike/elbow pain, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #141,942  
2021-12-03, 0437

32° right now...high in the mid-30's. It was raining last night...I imagine there's some icy areas on the roads

Stepdaughter is feeling OK now...thanks for the comments
I'm trying to figure out a time I can take the truck in to have the snow tires mounted. You might recall, I'd planned to do this a week back, but plans go awry
Not sure if the stepdaughter works today, but it's probably too late to set up an appointment to get the tires mounted (today) anyway.
Still working from home...going good, for the most part. If time permits, and the snow is washed away or melted, I'd better get those driveway markers in...we're looking at snow moving in mid-week next

/ Good morning!!!! #141,943  
66 high of 65 today more Indian summer in December

Prayers for all

Roy hope your wife is steadily improving

Thanks Mostly

/ Good morning!!!! #141,944  
Coffee has finished brewing. 29° with light snow this morning. Heading to 39° with cloudy skies. Got 2 trees down and hauled over to chipper pile. Never made it out for grocery shopping. On today's list. Neighbors that have Covid walked over to my place to see what I was doing with tractor. Kept at least 20' distance. Good to see them getting better.
Posing for a winter weather picture.
rOILj98.jpg

Thomas, hope you get better soon.

Wngsprd, never had gout. From the sounds of it. I do not want to get it. Get better soon.

Don, just go get a new golf cart. You are going to need it. It's only "your" :rolleyes: money. Lots of action at your place. Snakes, beans and nails.

Alien, great bird pictures. Barn looks good.

Buppies, good you are getting jobs done. Hope surgery on 1/7/22 goes good.

PJ, I got to do a couple of Military Ceremonies at Great Lakes National Cemetery. Very well done Ceremony.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,945  
To get everybody into the Christmas Spirit, a lovely tale of Santa...

A Little Christmas Story............
When four of Santa's elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce
toys as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the
per-Christmas pressure.
Then Mrs. Claus told Santa her Mother was coming to visit, which
stressed Santa even more.
When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were
about to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out,
heaven knows where.
Then when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked,
the toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered.
Frustrated, Santa went in the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot
of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the elves had drunk
all the cider and hidden the liquor...
Just then the doorbell rang, and an irritated Santa marched to the
door, yanked it open, and there stood a little angel with a great big
Christmas tree. The angel said very cheerfully, 'Merry Christmas, Santa.
Isn't this a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would
you like me to stick it?'
And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the
Christmas tree......

/ Good morning!!!! #141,946  
PJSprog said, "I've been to several military funerals, but they were always at a local cemetery. This was my first time at a national cemetery, and it was an experience I'll never forget."

I can sure understand that. I only visited the Arlington National Cemetery once, but I've attended several funerals of both friends and relatives at the DFW National Cemetery in the western edge of Dallas, and they are quite respectful and impressive.
I should have mentioned yesterday that one of the last times I visited the DFW National Cemetery was for the funeral of "Jinman" (Jim Inman) who of course was a regular poster and great friend to many on Tractorbynet.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,947  
Wngsprd hope the gout goes away soon like giving birth out of your foot. Prayers it gets better soon

Toppop hope surgery went well prayers for a quick recovery

/ Good morning!!!! #141,948  
Cool story Roy never heard it before

/ Good morning!!!! #141,949  
good morning all
warmish 45 out now, not going up much all day in sun

nice visit with MIL, we potted the amaryllis bulb I got her and set it on a window sill.
She remarked it has been close to 20 years where I've given her an amaryllis each year and she gets to watch
it grow for several months. When you are 94 and moving slow, that's plenty of excitement for her.

6000 miles is amazing Mostly. That's almost driving across the country and back again. You really must be in great shape.

Don, sorry about nail, that should be easy to fix. Are you still pleased with your Ranger?

Alien, I send your bird pics to my sister who loves to see them. As she says, I'm a sap for animals.
I think most of us are too.

off to lunch today with old friend from high school, he has a home in Florida now also so I don't get to see that much of him.
His son is the guy who helps me on all my build it projects I can't do anymore. Kind of sad that Father, who got me into boating on the Chesapeake,
was all set to put a nice small boat on his lift in Florida, and he got some neurological disease in his legs where he loses, sometimes, the ability to walk
and keep his leg straight. You can drive a boat sitting down, but you sure have to be agile to get on and off safely. Lot of folks get hurt then and my friend's wife
knows it. They have boats with side doors now, but it's still a risky idea for him. So he has two nice jetskis on his lift. My back won't allow riding them so no boating
for either of us. Maybe this winter when I go visit him we can rent a boat for the day and I'll captain.

we are headed to Costco which is near my friend's office, to get me signed up and get info on hearing aids. My friend expects me to find a light where I can floor this
600hp car and in respect for my pristine driver's license, I will do so carefully... Frankly those summer tires felt a little greasy yesterday, even with awd. They really don't like the
cold. Today is warm enough though.

Toppop, hope you are doing ok and not too chopped up. Sounds like you'll be pretty sore this morning.

hope you all have a great day. Keep distancing yourself and don't get sick.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,950  
I should have mentioned yesterday that one of the last times I visited the DFW National Cemetery was for the funeral of "Jinman" (Jim Inman) who of course was a regular poster and great friend to many on Tractorbynet.
Yep, I remember Jim...tragic accident, IIRC