FEL works off remotes

/ FEL works off remotes #1  

bsekf

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 7030, Long Landtrac 4700
I have a Kubota 7030 with FEL. The loader works off one set of remotes, so when using it the three point and the other remotes won't work. Is that normal? In other words there is no way to use the loader and a back blade at the same time.

/ FEL works off remotes #3  
I have a Kubota 7030 with FEL. The loader works off one set of remotes, so when using it the three point and the other remotes won't work. Is that normal? In other words there is no way to use the loader and a back blade at the same time.
I think you should refine your question as it is not clear what you are asking.

I have a loader and sometime a box blade or back blade on the 3ph. Never been a problem. Actually, since normally I have one hand on the steering wheel, I can only operate either the 3PH implement, OR the loader, with the other free hand.

Now many or perhaps all Kubota tractors use a power beyond hydraulic circuit. This is a loop that passes through all the control valves. When a valve is activated, some or all of the hydraulic flow is diverted.

If all the flow is diverted, anything down stream will receive no flow, so will not operate. If only part of the hydraulic flow is diverted, some continues on and can cause a different hydraulic device to operate, but at a slower rate than it would if it were operated alone and received total hydraulic flow.

Edit: I think, but do not know for sure, that the 3PH is often the first hydraulic control in the power beyond loop. So if you were operating the 3 PH and taking full hydraulic flow from the power beyond loop, then nothing down stream would work until you released the 3PH control lever. Personally, I have never found a need to operate my loader and 3PH at the same time.

/ FEL works off remotes #5  
I'm not sure about your set up but MOST FELs I've come across were plumbed straight to the hydraulic supply of the tractor and then a power beyond port fed any other hydraulics such as rear remotes. That's the way my Mahindra came for sure.

/ FEL works off remotes #6  
Sounds like the FEL was added later(previous owner?) and tried to save some money by not installing the valve that controls the FEL.

/ FEL works off remotes #7  
The valve that controls the FEL has to be there....otherwise it would use more than one remote. Sounds like they are simply supplying the loader with the remote....and either leaving it active in detent, or using a bungee.

And yes that would be normal that nothing downstream will work.

The 3PH is usually LAST in line, not first in a PB loop.

IS this an aftermarket loader? or an actual kubota loader?

IF a remote is supplying the loader valve....then the return is likely also going back to the same remote. What is the PB off the loader valve tied to. (should be nothing in this setup).

Might just require a re-plumb. Post some pictures or a sketch of what hoses go where.

IF its plumbed like I suspect....simply take the hose that is currently supplying the remote valve and move it to supply the loader. Make a new hose to go from loader PB to the remote valve where you just removed its supply. Then ADD a hose to go from loader return back to tank. This can TEE in to an existing tank line.

Your CURRENT remote valve should be plumbed with 3 hoses (not counting the ones going to the couplers).
The supply (P) port you are removing and putting to the loader valve. And it should have a PB and a T line coming off it. LEave the PB hose alone....but you can follow the T (tank) line to see where on that line is a suitable place to TEE into for the loader return to tank line.

/ FEL works off remotes #8  
I'm not sure about your set up but MOST FELs I've come across were plumbed straight to the hydraulic supply of the tractor and then a power beyond port fed any other hydraulics such as rear remotes. That's the way my Mahindra came for sure.

That could be, but then would it matter? That would just make the loader the first device in the power beyond circuit. Net effect would be the same, but in that case the loader would be the primary device.

All depends on what the flow direction is, and where one device is tapped in compared to others in the circuit.

/ FEL works off remotes #9  
The valve that controls the FEL has to be there....otherwise it would use more than one remote. Sounds like they are simply supplying the loader with the remote....and either leaving it active in detent, or using a bungee.

And yes that would be normal that nothing downstream will work.

The 3PH is usually LAST in line, not first in a PB loop.

IS this an aftermarket loader? or an actual kubota loader?

IF a remote is supplying the loader valve....then the return is likely also going back to the same remote. What is the PB off the loader valve tied to. (should be nothing in this setup).

Might just require a re-plumb. Post some pictures or a sketch of what hoses go where.

IF its plumbed like I suspect....simply take the hose that is currently supplying the remote valve and move it to supply the loader. Make a new hose to go from loader PB to the remote valve where you just removed its supply. Then ADD a hose to go from loader return back to tank. This can TEE in to an existing tank line.

Your CURRENT remote valve should be plumbed with 3 hoses (not counting the ones going to the couplers).
The supply (P) port you are removing and putting to the loader valve. And it should have a PB and a T line coming off it. LEave the PB hose alone....but you can follow the T (tank) line to see where on that line is a suitable place to TEE into for the loader return to tank line.

Granted, it does not matter if the 3PH valve is first or last in the hydraulic circuit. OR even if in the middle somewhere.

But if the OP's tractor works normally, then the power beyond circuit must be functioning properly in the neutral state.

So I think it gets back to what the question the OP is asking actually is.

/ FEL works off remotes #10  
Granted, it does not matter if the 3PH valve is first or last in the hydraulic circuit. OR even if in the middle somewhere.

But if the OP's tractor works normally, then the power beyond circuit must be functioning properly in the neutral state.

So I think it gets back to what the question the OP is asking actually is.
Not sure what you are even saying or why you are quoting me.

The tractor clearly don't work normally, hence the question being asked.

You have stated twice now that you don't understand what the OP is asking and he needs to refine his question.

To me it's clear what he's asking. I understand what he is saying. And only waiting on him to respond to provide clarification on how his tractor is plumbed....to offer the best advise about how to remedy.