Rounded off drain plug

/ Rounded off drain plug #2,073  
LOL,
That’s funny as h—- , I didn’t even notice this was first posted in 2018,Dan

/ Rounded off drain plug #2,074  
Once blowhards get started they never quit.

/ Rounded off drain plug #2,075  
OK, did the plug ever get removed? I wanted to know the solution, but just can't do it. I read 29 pages and still have another 180 to go. Or so. Now on page 207. How was it removed? If it ever was.
I think you have a size problem.
I'm only on page 21 as of this post.
I like big pages.

/ Rounded off drain plug #2,076  
A small pipe wrench with a pipe would have done it. Anyone ever figure out what those pallets in the field were for?

/ Rounded off drain plug #2,077  
I think you have a size problem.
I'm only on page 21 as of this post.
I like big pages
YTers aren't always on the same page but one thing we can all agree on "size matters".😉

/ Rounded off drain plug #2,078  
A small pipe wrench with a pipe would have done it. Anyone ever figure out what those pallets in the field were for?
Because of the configuration of the oil pan plug, a small pipe wrench wouldn't do it. Those aren't typical plugs but rather have a stubby "nut" section to grip on and with a large washer-like portion behind it that made gripping difficult. There was also a crossmember in the way and the owner seemed unable to remove that for better access. The owner was capable in many things but not experienced in the trauma of a buggered plug removal and didn't want to call in pro from a dealer. So things took longer. He finally removed it with help from his friend.

The pallet thing boiled down to two explanations for the pallets in the field. They were either part of an alien pre-landing strike force or maybe just someone's burn pile. Guys were fairly evenly divided. :)

/ Rounded off drain plug #2,079  
A small pipe wrench with a pipe would have done it. ------------------
I don't understand why so many people post without reading the first page of a thread.
First post:
#1.JPG

Tenth post:
#10.JPG

And from the picture Kando posted it was a square head pipe plug:
2022_01_04_10.57.53.jpg

Last edited:
   / Rounded off drain plug #2,080  
And since I set 50 posts per page in "Settings" the thread is 42 pages on my computer:
50 posts per page.JPG