Cost of pallet forks

/ Cost of pallet forks #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
What's the price of pallet forks to place on FEL lift arms/frame in place of bucket?

Trying to decide on bolt on vs. buying pallet forks for new tractor.

Gotta use something else to eliminate muscling 5 gallon containers for refueling the diesel generator. Went through muscling 7 of them yesterday 3 times. Ran out of diesel fuel. Muscled 5 to refuel. Then bought 2 more and man handled those 7 into and out of the truck to refuel at station and then out of truck to finish refueling the generator and then into FEL of tractor to put in carriage house.

Thinking of placing on a pallet with sides and use grounding strap when refueling with containers left on the pallet at station.

/ Cost of pallet forks #2  
For awhile I used a 60 gallon tank on a pallet I put into the back of my pickup to transfer fuel from the coop to the ranch. I used actual forks, not the bolt on. I would think that it depends on the weight you plan to handle. My tank/pallet/fuel was somewhere around 500-600#. My forks are rated at 3000#. I don't use as much fuel anymore so I use a 30 gal transfer tank in the bed of my pickup now. Personally, I would not feel comfortable using bolt-on forks with things like fuel.

/ Cost of pallet forks #3  
As far as I am concerned, bolt on are a PITA. There are so many uses for quick attach forks that you will have no idea how you went so long without them. I have a 55 gallon drum on a pallet that I put in my truck and take to the local coop to get farm diesel. No other way I could do it other than my forks.

You will have no regrets. I would say you could find something in the $500 range or find a used set for less.

/ Cost of pallet forks #4  
I'll second that! I very rarely put my bucket on, but I use my pallet forks constantly. You can add a grapple to a set of pallet forks as well to really increase their utility.

My first Kubota had pin on bucket/pallet forks and they were a PIA. Get the quick attach.

/ Cost of pallet forks #5  
I picked up a set of Titan pallet forks off amazon for ~$300-400 (at the time, and with free shipping) so I could pull pallets off delivery trucks when I bought bulk items or implements. I chose SSQA instead of "bolt onto the bucket" ones because they (bolt ons) seemed like a real pain to get on/off, as well as getting it rigged properly so you don't bend your bucket. The SSQA ones I got worked great for that and I periodically use them for other things like breaking up brush piles, lifting implements to move them, and I might build a pallet-based box for hauling firewood etc.. Visibility isn't the greatest, but I don't know if I'll use them enough to want to invest in a good Landpride or other.

/ Cost of pallet forks #6  
Bolt on forks are for those who wish they had SSQA forks. REAL forks. Dig in the pockets and buy the real thing, you won't regret it.
I'm at the stage where I don't need a big tank anymore. I don't need to have a hundred gallons sitting in the back of my pickup all the time, either.
This fifty gallon tank mounted on a small pallet fits the bill for me now. It sits in the shed. When I need more fuel, I load it with my forks into the truck, fill it up, then unload it. works for me.

Attachments

• P8050013.jpg
    P8050013.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 155
Last edited:
   / Cost of pallet forks #7  
Dedicated pallet forks are way better than bolt on forks. A good set of skid steer forks is about a grand maybe more now but you can probably get by with a lighter duty set. I think a transfer pump would also serve you well.

/ Cost of pallet forks #10  
I spent some time trying to find a used set of pallet forks close by in the $500 range to no avail...ended up buying a new set from Kubota dealer 2000-2200 lb capacity? More than my tractor can lift and super handy, well worth the price and more versatile over bolt on. I cannot remember if they were $700 or $900 but it's a modest one time expense for such a nice tool that requires basically no maintenance and will last for many years.