Supply is getting better

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Supply is getting better #81  
This also means less people entering the work force.
Sorta.
The big farm family’s children stayed and worked on the farm, so they were employed, but were they “payroll” employees? It depends on how the farmer ran things.
However, some left the farm and pursued other exploits.

/ Supply is getting better #82  
Sorta.
The big farm family’s children stayed and worked on the farm, so they were employed, but were they “payroll” employees? It depends on how the farmer ran things.
However, some left the farm and pursued other exploits.
My FIL was a rancher, but seven of his 8 children entered the workforce; one stayed on the ranch. Most operations can’t financially support 8 families. To add to this, all eight of those siblings only have 1 or two children.

Last edited:
   / Supply is getting better #83  
a student of econ i am not. on the subject of inflation, given our ever increasing national deficit through the years, is there any correlation between this huge deficit & rising inflation? or maybe none at all? just a question, not trying to make any point, don't know enough about the subject. regards

/ Supply is getting better #84  
My FIL was a rancher, but seven of his 8 children entered the workforce; one stayed on the ranch. Most operations can’t financially support 8 families.
I’m saying 8 immediate family members (sons & daughters) were required to run a farm.
Not their extended families, but the kids themselves from ages 5-21.
Amish families are like this today.

/ Supply is getting better #85  
a student of econ i am not. on the subject of inflation, given our ever increasing national deficit through the years, is there any correlation between this huge deficit & rising inflation? or maybe none at all? just a question, not trying to make any point, don't know enough about the subject. regards
Some economists would say yes. But I find it interesting that inflation is happening worldwide following Covid. Could it be something more than US domestic policy? Many people can’t look at the situation beyond their own country, and jump to conclusions.

/ Supply is getting better #86  
I’m saying 8 immediate family members (sons & daughters) were required to run a farm.
Not their extended families, but the kids themselves from ages 5-21.
Amish families are like this today.
Very true, but my point is that the workforce has been fed by most siblings in their large families moving away from the farm/ranch. That isn’t the case now with smaller families. So the number of people entering the workforce is less.

/ Supply is getting better #87  
Ideology trumps common sense:

NY has banned Natural Gas to new buildings - even though NG is one of the cleanest sources of energy.

The US has enough Natural Gas and Coal to power itself for centuries - ECONOMICALLY - if the crazies would just get back on their meds.

/ Supply is getting better #88  
1 reason fracking has slowed or stopped was due to the earthquakes it was causing due to hydraulic pressure.
Our population in the US has gone up, not down.

Inflation is caused by a lot of related issues. One is printing money constantly as our government is doing for the past decade or so. To stop it in the 70's they increased the interest rate. Something they are trying not to do as it will stop growth.

Gov answer is to import H1Bs by the hundreds of thousands to fill low paying jobs, and companies using them to fill high paying jobs at lower rates. Take a 737 Max lately?

Politicians calling things free isn't helping.

We see ports and distribution a mess, we hope that will get cleared up, but the backlog from Covid and Just In Time manufacturing is going to take a loooong time to get back to normal.

We are still seeing metal and other basic building materials in short supply around here and scrap prices are high.
Even lysol around here is $10/can if you can find it.

/ Supply is getting better #89  
Ideology trumps common sense:

NY has banned Natural Gas to new buildings - even though NG is one of the cleanest sources of energy.

The US has enough Natural Gas and Coal to power itself for centuries - ECONOMICALLY - if the crazies would just get back on their meds.
Not the situation in most of the country. Coal is obsolete due to economics. It’s far more expensive than natural gas and way dirtier.

/ Supply is getting better #90  
Not the situation in most of the country. Coal is obsolete due to economics. It’s far more expensive than natural gas and way dirtier.

United States' electricity producers paid about 2.39 U.S. dollars per million British thermal unit for natural gas in 2020. Meanwhile, coal power plant operators paid an average of 1.92 U.S. dollars.

Coal is "obsolete" only because it has come under attack from (fill in your choice of mental disorders here).

Status
Not open for further replies.