Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #12  
I really expected for him to roll it.
I don't think he was even close to rolling...I didn't see any of the tires off the ground
My guess, for better or worse, the guy has been doing his for years...

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #13  
I don't think he was even close to rolling...I didn't see any of the tires off the ground
Exactly the problem. If you do something wrong for years and survive you ignorantly start to think you are invincible or what you are doing is fine. It only takes once for it to turn tragic.

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits
True but that front wheel is barely turning...it looks more like it is being pushed across that slope.

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits
Exactly the problem. If you do something wrong for years and survive you ignorantly start to think you are invincible or what you are doing is fine. It only takes once for it to turn tragic.
I don't think anyone is going to argue with what you're saying. This is one of those examples where there are other tools more suitable for the job.

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #16  
This content isn't available right now
When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted.

It could be that I'm not a FB member.

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #17  
Search Utube for videos of backhoes used to cut roads across the side of mountains. It'll make the hair stand.

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #18  
Along with normalization of deviance, consider lowest common denominator. It's the people companies are worried about getting sued by when they decide how to 'rate' something. What's the highest rating that won't get the lowest common denominator operator in trouble?

So yeah, outside the design intent of that machine, probably exceeding this or that. But I personally prefer to focus on the entertainment value of the skill of the operator. I doubt many people would even care to watch this guy or me or anyone else doing something exactly by the book in ideal conditions.

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #19  
Not even sure what he was trying to accomplish.

He was doing more damage to that slope/dam by spinning the tires than he was repairing.

Tractor was using 99% of its ability to stay on the slope....and 1% of its ability to move half a wheelbarrow load of dirt.

/ Pushing A Tractor To It's Limits #20  
Not even sure what he was trying to accomplish.

He was doing more damage to that slope/dam by spinning the tires than he was repairing.

Tractor was using 99% of its ability to stay on the slope....and 1% of its ability to move half a wheelbarrow load of dirt.
Yep, I was thinking the same... could have walked along the top with a snow shovel and accomplished the same amount in the same time. but then, nobody would watch that either. 😂