Branson 2515H tractor

/ Branson 2515H tractor #1  

prometheus303

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 2515R
I'm considering purchasing this Branson 2515H tractor? Wondering if anyone has one and what they think about it?

Also what type of fuel consumption I would expect? The operation rpms is 2100. It 24hp engine. It nearly 3000lbs in weight.

/ Branson 2515H tractor #2  
If your just doing loader work and have time to kill it's fine. Range C is useless, PTO HP is weak, and it's a thirsty pig when your actually working the motor. The only gear that is worth working in is low gear. I burn 3/4 of a tank finish mowing my lawn with a 60 inch 3 pt setup on about 2 acres and it bogs down in the thick patches in range B. My motor never sounds like a smooth running sewing machine rather a blender that keeps getting more stuff stuffed in the pitcher. I also run a 4 ft bush hog on another 6 acres I cut twice a year and it still bogs down. If you even think you might use the PTO bump up in size. I hear 35 HP models are non existent right now. Button placement on the dash is horrible. I swapped the cruise and hazard position after hitting the cruise with my knee backing up and almost putting it in the pond.

3 pt lever on on the station is super short and a nightmare to operate when working the 3 point, feels like it might as well be on the floor.

I bought mine thinking I could do the same or more than the 2400H I had. It actually performs less than.

Nothings ever going to be perfect on a tractor and I understand, however you asked for feedback....here's mine. Go for the 4815H.

/ Branson 2515H tractor
If your just doing loader work and have time to kill it's fine. Range C is useless, PTO HP is weak, and it's a thirsty pig when your actually working the motor. The only gear that is worth working in is low gear. I burn 3/4 of a tank finish mowing my lawn with a 60 inch 3 pt setup on about 2 acres and it bogs down in the thick patches in range B. My motor never sounds like a smooth running sewing machine rather a blender that keeps getting more stuff stuffed in the pitcher. I also run a 4 ft bush hog on another 6 acres I cut twice a year and it still bogs down. If you even think you might use the PTO bump up in size. I hear 35 HP models are non existent right now. Button placement on the dash is horrible. I swapped the cruise and hazard position after hitting the cruise with my knee backing up and almost putting it in the pond.

3 pt lever on on the station is super short and a nightmare to operate when working the 3 point, feels like it might as well be on the floor.

I bought mine thinking I could do the same or more than the 2400H I had. It actually performs less than.

Nothings ever going to be perfect on a tractor and I understand, however you asked for feedback....here's mine. Go for the 4815H.
Thank for the feedback. I'm really New to tractors. Do you think that more HP like 35 or 48 for fuel economy since at that point your not working the engine as hard?

/ Branson 2515H tractor #4  
Thank for the feedback. I'm really New to tractors. Do you think that more HP like 35 or 48 for fuel economy since at that point your not working the engine as hard?

My 3,700 pound bare weight, 35-horsepower Kubota L3560 has a very accurate digital fuel use meter. It uses 1/2 gallon of diesel per hour.

If you buy a new compact tractor your all up operating cost will be around $25 per engine hour, including fuel, assuming Branson dealer performs your preventative maintenance. Isolating on fuel cost of ~$2/hour~ does not make sense unless you are far from the fuel source or have a disability which makes fueling the tractor difficult.

If you do all your own routine maintenance your all up new tractor operating cost will be around $20 per engine hour, including fuel.

As you purchase implements your tractor cost per hour increases. All implements have to be factored into tractor operating cost. I have multiple implements. I consider my tractor operating cost is $35/hour.

Here is a good, current thread on new tractor considerations:

Last edited:
   / Branson 2515H tractor #5  
The most efficient way to shop for tractors is to first identify potential tractor applications, then, through consulataton, establish bare tractor weight necessary to safely accomplish your applications. Tractor dealers, experienced tractor owners and TractorByNet.com are sources for weight recommendations. Bare tractor weight is a tractor specification easily found in sales brochures and web sites, readily comparable across tractor brands and tractor models, new and used.

When considering a tractor purchase bare tractor weight first, tractor horsepower second, rear axle width third, rear wheel/tire ballast fourth.`

Last edited:
   / Branson 2515H tractor
The most efficient way to shop for tractors is to first identify potential tractor applications, then, through consulataton, establish bare tractor weight necessary to safely accomplish your applications. Tractor dealers, experienced tractor owners and TractorByNet.com are sources for weight recommendations.

Sufficient tractor weight is more important for most tractor applications than increased tractor horsepower. Bare tractor weight is a tractor specification easily found in sales brochures and web sites, readily comparable across tractor brands and tractor models, new and used.

When considering a tractor purchase bare tractor weight first, tractor horsepower second, rear axle width third, rear wheel/tire ballast fourth.`
Thanks, fellow Floridian :)

/ Branson 2515H tractor #7  
TYM T494

The TYM T494 is 3,900 pounds bare weight with 48-horsepower gross. A good balance of weight and power. Chassis is 63" wide, which makes it a stable platform on moderate slopes. With 63" chassis width, probably ~ 69" ~ tire width, you will use at least 72" operating width implements. With 48-horsepower you can power a 72" Rotary Cutter through high grass and thick brush. This weight/power tractor is suitable for working five to twenty acres of crop land. Fuel use will average ~.6 to .7 gallons~ per hour.

This is the mid-weight in compact tractors, a high unit volume segment. Every tractor manufacturer offers at least two models in this approximate weight. Horsepower ranges from forty to sixty in tractors in this weight.

Before you order evaluate critically the staying power of your TYM dealer through a recession.

A quality dealer, reasonably close, available for coaching, is important for tractor neophytes. Most new tractors are delivered with a glitch or two requiring correction. My Kubota dealer is six miles away. I feel my local dealer continues to add value to my equipment after nine years. Dealer proximity is less important for those experienced with tractors and qualified to perform their own maintenance.

MORE T494 IN T-B-N ARCHIVE:
T494 site:tractorbynet.com

Last edited:
   / Branson 2515H tractor #8  
I'm considering purchasing this Branson 2515H tractor? Wondering if anyone has one and what they think about it?

Also what type of fuel consumption I would expect? The operation rpms is 2100. It 24hp engine. It nearly 3000lbs in weight.
Prom: Consider spending some time reading reviews of Branson company - and how they address issues. I was shocked at reading the Better Business Bureau report. Maybe not so much the issues, but that Branson DIDN'T do anything meaningful to resolve the issues, even with the awful reviews.
Were I buying my first tractor, I'd go with one of the big 2. There are reasons they are, where they are, in the market place.

/ Branson 2515H tractor #9  
Last edited:
   / Branson 2515H tractor #10  
My experience with Branson and warranty issues has been exceptional. On my old 2400H I had a front steering hydraulic start leaking past the 2 year warranty and they sent me a new one to my home to replace myself, no charge.

The second issue I had was my hydro pedals were sticking. There was a bad roller bearing in the transmission that had to be replaced. It was done quickly, without any issues, and covered under the powertrain warranty.

Because of Branson's response to my issues and the 2 dealers ( Reed and Reed and Mathis) I chose to go with another Branson for my upgrade. I should have done better homework on my purchase, however they do make a decent product. I don't think the 2515H should have been built, however it seems all the tractor companies today make this similar frame size / engine combo and it sells well. At this point I don't see the value on spending another 8K for the 4815H. I will just deal with it's short comings for the next few years until I upgrade again.

One plus to consider on the Branson line is the lack of computer and sensors. I hear alot of guys have issues with other brands where a sensor gives the CPU an issue and throws codes and even causes the tractor to not even run.