Why are my loader cylinders out of sync?

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #11  
Check it with a straight edge to tell if it's twisted

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #12  
Sounds like the cross member between the lift arms at the quick connect have twisted. It happened to me once when my grapple came loose from one side. I cut the bent tubing out and replaced it with a solid steel bar.
Fladogman

nice job on that. the only caveat might be that should the same scenario happen again, under full load, the arms themselves could be at risk for being bent rather than the tube. structurally, if the solid bar were the best design, K would have designed it that way? just a thought, again, good weld up job

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync?
Just checked the cylinders. The right cylinder at full extension is 1/4" longer than the left. I don't know what acceptable tolerances are but that doesn't seem to be enough to cause the problem.

I will go carefully inspect the torque tube ...

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #14  
Some QA torque tubes are made wimpy and twist easy for only 2 reasons, cost and weight. Making them stronger and less like to get twisted/bent will not hurt the loader arms. (The QA tube can't flex/twist when hooked into a bucket)
My QA torque section is built much more solid than a hollow tube, strong enough I welded chain hooks to it and use it for lifting with no fear of twisting a torque tube.

Attachments

• HPIM0433.JPG
    HPIM0433.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 182
  • HPIM1479.JPG
    HPIM1479.JPG
    287.8 KB · Views: 182

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #15  
Sounds like the cross member between the lift arms at the quick connect have twisted. It happened to me once when my grapple came loose from one side. I cut the bent tubing out and replaced it with a solid steel bar. View attachment 731608
I like the bright "don't forgetem" paint on the quick attach levers.

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #16  
Last edited:
I checked the loader arms, torque tube, etc. I cannot find anything that looks bent or twisted. I'm not sure what exactly to look for other than general alignment. I did put a straight edge along the torque tube, on top and also on the side. It was plumb and not bent. Are there better ways to check for a bent loader arm?

Here is a pix of the two SSQA plates that are misaligned. btw, I measured the "chrome" part of the cylinder that is showing when this pix was taken. It's 2 7/8" of chrome on one side, and 3 1/2" of chrome on the other side. I kind of suspect that is where the problem is, but I don't really know. Seems one cylinder is extending more than the other.

Again, at full travel, both cylinders retract fully, and at full extension, one extends 1/4" longer than the other. So at max travel I have only 1/4" difference, but in this photo, with only partial travel, I have 5/8" difference.

???

Attachments

• SSQA.jpg
    SSQA.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 204
It is a common problem, many threads about it. Here is one, easy to realign the QA using a shim
Thanks-- I will go check the stops on l/r sides.

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #19  
Read Xfaxman's information he posted. You'll figure it out.

I thought it was the hoist cylinders not the curl cylinders that was out of wack.

Read Xfaxman's information he posted. You'll figure it out.

I thought it was the hoist cylinders not the curl cylinders that was out of wack.
I'm trying to apply that to my system which is a different design. Yes I should have specified which cylinders ...