Bonehead Move, Need Advice, Loader Quick Attach won't hold

/ Bonehead Move, Need Advice, Loader Quick Attach won't hold #1  

rcspott

Tractor
2004 Kubota L48 TLB
Was back dragging a brush pile with my pallet forks straight down and hit something. Blew the metal hydraulic hose and the pallet fork popped off on one side. Got that all fixed but now the forks or bucket won't stay on with down pressure. Have tried adjusting the nut on the loader quick attach handles but they are still are very loose. They don't have that camber lock feel anymore. Nothing looks bent, was wondering if I may have compressed/trashed the springs as the lock pins that go into the bucket/forks just want to keep popping up.

Kubota L48

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Rich

/ Bonehead Move, Need Advice, Loader Quick Attach won't hold #2  
Can you post photos of the FEL? Have you set it down on a flat spot to make sure it's not bent?

/ Bonehead Move, Need Advice, Loader Quick Attach won't hold #3  
I have a SSQA but pictures as teg has said will do wonders in trying to help.
DevilDog

/ Bonehead Move, Need Advice, Loader Quick Attach won't hold #4  
Was back dragging a brush pile with my pallet forks straight down and hit something. Blew the metal hydraulic hose and the pallet fork popped off on one side. Got that all fixed but now the forks or bucket won't stay on with down pressure. Have tried adjusting the nut on the loader quick attach handles but they are still are very loose. They don't have that camber lock feel anymore. Nothing looks bent, was wondering if I may have compressed/trashed the springs as the lock pins that go into the bucket/forks just want to keep popping up.

Kubota L48

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Rich

Without photos, this is all I have to offer:

/ Bonehead Move, Need Advice, Loader Quick Attach won't hold #5  
You may have bent or twisted the timing rod between the two sides. Eyeball across both sides of the quick attach plate and see if they are square with each other, or if one is tweaked/twisted. That suggests the timing rod that goes between the two sides needs to be heated and put back straight/true.

/ Bonehead Move, Need Advice, Loader Quick Attach won't hold #6  

Kubota L48

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Rich
Since it popped of on one side, the cross tube is probably twisted.

With no attachment on the QA, do a full dump, see if the cylinder rods are bent.

Check the stops on each side. Put the side that is touching against a tree and slowly extend the other side, until it springs back straight inline with the other side, test by doing a full dump, both sides will be touching the stops.

20140621_095725 b.jpg

20140621_095725 w.jpg

/ Bonehead Move, Need Advice, Loader Quick Attach won't hold #7  
Since it popped of on one side, the cross tube is probably twisted.

With no attachment on the QA, do a full dump, see if the cylinder rods are bent.

Check the stops on each side. Put the side that is touching against a tree and slowly extend the other side, until it springs back straight inline with the other side, test by doing a full dump, both sides will be touching the stops.

View attachment 462932

View attachment 462933

Thanks Xfaxman for the pictures. This is what has happened on my L3901 w/525 loader. I will try what you have said here. I can't see anything bent just that the plates don't line up as in your photo's. Also the same gap at the stops as you show ....

Again, thanks !!

/ Bonehead Move, Need Advice, Loader Quick Attach won't hold #8  
Wondering if you swapped the hoses on one of the curl cylinders so one pulls as the other one pushes if you could carefully straighten the tube using hydraulic pressure.

Good luck, Fred

/ Bonehead Move, Need Advice, Loader Quick Attach won't hold #9  
Would it be easier to use shims between the bump stops where the white arrow is pointing, then apply pressure in the dump direction? There will likely be "spring-back" so increasing shim thickness till it remains even when the pressure is released?

/ Bonehead Move, Need Advice, Loader Quick Attach won't hold #10  
hi folks..gravelman here..i put in a shim on one side...fully rolled out bucket arms...it worked... thanks for that advice...