Which tools for tractor toolbox?

/ Which tools for tractor toolbox?
Hmmmmm...I was going to use a .30 cal I have, but may need to upgrade to a .50. No way I'm fitting a roll of PT into the one I have....😆
So to recap, here's what I'm seeing as important to me:
Crescent wrench or fencing pliers, channel locks, wire, WD40, strap, gloves, rags, bungie cords, hammer, tire gauge.
And whatever else ends up in there over time......

/ Which tools for tractor toolbox? #22  
On mine, I carry:

- All the tools that came with the tractor: open end wrenches, box wrenches, pliers, Philips and flat head screw driver. Chinese specials but works just fine and covers all the sizes needed for the tractor and most implements and I don't have to carry my good tools at the risk of getting lost or stolen. I added a couple allen wrenches as well.
- A grease gun that also came with the tractor. It's the smaller size but it's surprisingly well bit and has good quality.
- Hammer and a punch
- A box of M8 shear pins for the brush mower and a bunch of M10 shear pins for the rotary tiller
- A couple grease fittings to replace if needed, along with a bunch of hairpin cotter pins and linch pins, the finger snapper ones.
- A couple of rags
- A bunch of random bolts and nuts for some implements that like to get bolts loose and lost
- Two spare pins for the brush mower chains
- The drawbar pin
- And a tire pressure gauge
Dang, not to be critical but I'd probably carry a spare fan belt ahead of a lot of those. If I'm out long enough to grease or need to replace a zerk I'd better have the BBQ and icechest loaded up!

/ Which tools for tractor toolbox? #23  
I must be a minimalist. I have a clevis, a pair of gloves and a couple of spare pins. Contemplating throwing in an 8" pair of Channellocks.
Every time I put channellocks in there they find their way back to the welding table. My wife doesn't believe me every Christmas when my number one items are about 100 different clamps and vicegrips.

/ Which tools for tractor toolbox? #24  
Mice crap, a bunch of striped bolts and nuts that don't fit anything. Some bent pins and broken cotter keys, and hitch pins that are just slightly larger than the holes you need to put them in. Nearly empty can of wd-40 missing the spray button. One screw driver that is the opposite orientation that you need........
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh so true though.

/ Which tools for tractor toolbox? #26  
Pliers for the cotter pins on 3-point linkages and the such. Saves fingers! Hammer is nice for giving the PTO shaft a little incentive to slide into position.

/ Which tools for tractor toolbox? #27  
Oh hey on a serous note, either make it super easy to remove, or allow for water to drain out. I have never been able to keep one dry, and sometimes have the urge to wash it out.

Best,

ed

/ Which tools for tractor toolbox? #28  
I took the tiny toolbox that came with the tractor off and added a steel one that's at least double the size. Similar to the others: Pins, cotter keys, pliers, pruning shears, gloves (covered in grease inside and out), hammer.

I think I may have borrowed this idea from another member here, but I frequently listen to my tunes and like to have my keys and phone secure. On the left fender I mounted a small pelican knock-off case. Its weather tight and keeps my valuables secure when bouncing around.

/ Which tools for tractor toolbox? #30  
Dang, not to be critical but I'd probably carry a spare fan belt ahead of a lot of those. If I'm out long enough to grease or need to replace a zerk I'd better have the BBQ and icechest loaded up!
You got that right. I'm really wanting to see the size of the tractors that have tool boxes attached to carry all this stuff people are listing. Maybe some are pulling a trailer with 'em.