COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #341  
That is a great picture. Thanks for posting!

Wish I had been near my camera when they first started their gather. By the time I got back to the house they were a mile away - I was using a 600mm lens - and the herd was strung out for a mile or more.
P1008460ertbn.jpg

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #342  
Wow, just discovered this most interesting thread! Way, way back (in the 60’s?) My uncle was the Canadian Saddle Bronc champion, and his brother Winston Bruce was the World Saddle Bronc Champion, and the Infield Director at the Calgary Stampede for many, many years. I don’t suppose any of you old cowpokes have ever heard of him?

(Wow, this takes me back!)

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #343  
Another herd being pushed past my place to the high country meadows this morning......
P1009246ecptbnr.jpg

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #344  

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #346  
bullbreaker, thanks for reviving this thread. I'm sure Crash is smiling if he can see this.

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #347  
One of the first things I learned as a young man after moving to Nevada...look for places with 3 barrels in a field nearby. For that meant that an athletic young lady lived there who loved horses....

IMG_0405rtbn.jpg

Last edited:
   / COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #348  
One of the first things I learned as a young man after moving to Nevada...look for places with 3 barrels in a field nearby. For that meant that an athletic young lady lived there who loved horses....

View attachment 732829
The goat tying and breakaway is becoming pretty popular with the gals. My daughter is looking at colleges and one of her requirements is that they have a rodeo team. Once it gets in their blood, it stays with them, so it seems.

She also tried mounted shooting for a bit. It was fun to watch her work a pattern firing a single action colt .45 popping balloons. It takes a lot of skill to simultaneously work your horse and pistol.

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #350  
DesertEagle71 and others don't know how far your from Elko , but when I buy one I like to buy the Vaquero / Basin Cowboy / Californio etc spade bits from JM Capriola . Its like golf or hunting with a recurve bow not everyone understands it . They tend to start out at 550 bucks and up .
Garcia Bits – J.M. Capriola . Collected them for years and like eight months ago someone sent me a buyer who whiped me out all in one shot . Done well when the smoke cleared .