Front end snowblower conversion

/ Front end snowblower conversion
I could be my imagination or the camera angle but to me it looks like your sprockets aren't lined up. The bottom one is in more than the top one.
Lol...it must be the camera angle. I used a metal scale and made absolutely sure that the scale touched at all four points...perfectly.

Touching at top and bottom of upper sprocket and top and bottom of lower sprocket....that specific alignment area was VERY important to me.

I've always been curious how you power these things from the rear. Do they make a long PTO shaft with special ends?
Beautiful, professional looking mods BTW.
Thank you....just a retired guy having some fun....and thinking I would rather NOT look out the back anymore when snow blowing...lol

/ Front end snowblower conversion #26  
Great job on this

/ Front end snowblower conversion #27  
I do not know how I missed this thread. Orebonder you did a great job on the fab work. Thank you for showing us what you did and how you constructed it. I am curious on some details on the reservoir. The well pressure tanks generally have a diaphragm that is attached to the inside sides of the tank. Did you remove it, and if so how did you do it?

/ Front end snowblower conversion #28  
I do not know how I missed this thread. Orebonder you did a great job on the fab work. Thank you for showing us what you did and how you constructed it. I am curious on some details on the reservoir. The well pressure tanks generally have a diaphragm that is attached to the inside sides of the tank. Did you remove it, and if so how did you do it?
This thread must have just slipped through. Look at the great planning, beautiful welds and end result. Even the shop is organized and shop rollers home built. Love the pictures and wish I could do a job like this.

Thanks....

I cut a chunk out of the bottom...removed the bladder and the metal ring that holds it in place...then welded the piece back in place.

Attachments

• C6D9AADC-77F8-4B48-8DB7-DEAF7D4FF082.jpeg
    C6D9AADC-77F8-4B48-8DB7-DEAF7D4FF082.jpeg
    342.6 KB · Views: 89
  • B5CB7AD8-92B5-43E3-B152-1025399DBAB6.jpeg
    B5CB7AD8-92B5-43E3-B152-1025399DBAB6.jpeg
    362 KB · Views: 87
  • B63AADA3-781A-4D7B-B36A-B89897ACDA3E.jpeg
    B63AADA3-781A-4D7B-B36A-B89897ACDA3E.jpeg
    349.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 21F188BB-379A-40C2-8F1D-89E62CEDD75A.jpeg
    21F188BB-379A-40C2-8F1D-89E62CEDD75A.jpeg
    292.2 KB · Views: 93
After waiting almost a year for a good snow fall...I finally got the chance to use my new front end snowblower......it worked great.

Even with the wet snow,..to over test it, I drove into a very deep snow bank behind the barn and kept pushing until the blower plugged up solid and it just kept on churning the snow in the auger box.....didn’t bog down at all.

The best part was that after about 1-1/2 hours of blowing snow, my Hydraulic temp maxed out at 110 degrees...which is great for not having any type of oil cooler.....very happy with finished product,

I wish there was a way I could attach some short videos of the snowblower doing work.....but oh well