I wanted a fence stretcher

/ I wanted a fence stretcher #11  
I went around the post with the x brace wire.

/ I wanted a fence stretcher #12  
The last fence job I did where I had to put up woven wire I used two 2x4's and 4 1/2" carriage bolts 6" long. The oven wire gets sandwiched between the boards that are bolted together, a winch pulling on it at the top and bottom and it will pull the wire nice and tight. I don't do enough woven wire to have a desire to buy the stretcher bar for woven wire.
That is the same type stretcher I have and I pulled for everything my RTV900 had in her. My dad used his come-a-long with it too.

/ I wanted a fence stretcher #13  
The last fence job I did where I had to put up woven wire I used two 2x4's and 4 1/2" carriage bolts 6" long. The oven wire gets sandwiched between the boards that are bolted together, a winch pulling on it at the top and bottom and it will pull the wire nice and tight. I don't do enough woven wire to have a desire to buy the stretcher bar for woven wire.
I do it the same way.

/ I wanted a fence stretcher #14  
With a rope wrapped around the 2x4 setup at the top and the bottom end you would break the wire (unless it is high tensile woven wire) before you would break the 2x4.

/ I wanted a fence stretcher #15  
I am getting ready to install about 2000 ft of fencing...I fabricated this to assist in unrolling and stretching the fencing material.

Attachments

• fencestretcherunroller.jpg
    fencestretcherunroller.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 285
   / I wanted a fence stretcher
about 2000 ft of fencing..
for that much fencing the effort and cost to build that makes perfect sense.
And odds are you will use it more than a few times going forward.

Nice Build BTW

Keep a good eye on that weld at the bottom. I don't see a tab connecting that upright to the top link. If that weld on the bottom is the only thing holding it to the triangle you might end up needing more. even a bit of chain or steel cable would likely do.

/ I wanted a fence stretcher #17  
for that much fencing the effort and cost to build that makes perfect sense.
And odds are you will use it more than a few times going forward.

Nice Build BTW

Keep a good eye on that weld at the bottom. I don't see a tab connecting that upright to the top link. If that weld on the bottom is the only thing holding it to the triangle you might end up needing more. even a bit of chain or steel cable would likely do.
Thanks much for the catch on that...I actually used some all-threads and bars to mechanically attached to the 3pt. On the bottom weld, I used trailer receiver extended channel and welded a 14" trailer hitch raw bar to give more strength.

/ I wanted a fence stretcher #19  
High-tensile woven fence.....interesting. 🍿

/ I wanted a fence stretcher #20  
I've seen that. I don't think it'll hold up to a real good stretch. I intend to pull on it real hard.

The only reason that I had said that is I've never messed with high tensile woven wire but what I've read on it and watched on Youtube they've always used a very stout stretching bar. That being said it has always been from a person that does alot of it.

A year ago when my 12 year son and I were tearing out about 700' of it on my farm I told him if you ever see me putting this stuff up you can be assured I'm getting paid well for it, 2 months later I had a job come up that the person wanted about 300' of it (non high tensile). I don't like putting it up, maintaining it, tearing it out or looking at it. All that is left standing on my farm is between a neighbor and I for about 1/4 mile along my driveway that will come out at some point, its massively overgrown and no livestock is against either side so no hurry or desire on getting it out anytime soon.

As for me I do alot of high tensile wire and am very well versed in how tough it is, I can only imagine HT woven wire is some stout stuff.