Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,361  
When hiking above one of my logging trails this mother and 2 cubs got my heart racing for a min.
1645834306654.jpeg

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,363  
I've never carried a gun or bear spray around here but a few times thought it may be a good idea.
One summer my wife and I would sit out here every day the weather was nice for lunch. One day this guy showed up and every day for over a wk. he showed up same time to eat the seeds under the feeder. You can see in the sec. pic. where the ones the birds dropped were landing on his head.
1645841055811.jpeg

1645841123467.jpeg

1645841223231.jpeg

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,365  
One time when my wife and I were driving back from Alaska on highway 37 in Northern BC, we saw an incredible number of black bear along the highway. My wife and I started out by pointing them out to each other, but after a while there were so many that we stopped bothering to do that. Made me think bear might outnumber people in BC.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,366  
I've lived here and taken these pics. over a period of 32 yrs. There's been a few yrs. not a single bear has showed up. Unfortunately there are a few individuals who go out and shoot them for sport and just leave them. As kids we were told if you shoot it plan on eating it.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,367  
Like Cougsfan , though I've travel thous. of miles and never seen an animal one fall when traveling from Tumbler ridge my daughter and I seen so many bears one evening we lost count .
Yesterday this wood pecker showed up eating oregon grape berry's and was back again this morning. I've never seen them with such a bright head it must be breading season.
1645899846620.jpeg

1645899900041.jpeg

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,370  
Like Cougsfan , though I've travel thous. of miles and never seen an animal one fall when traveling from Tumbler ridge my daughter and I seen so many bears one evening we lost count .
Yesterday this wood pecker showed up eating oregon grape berry's and was back again this morning. I've never seen them with such a bright head it must be breading season.
View attachment 735187
View attachment 735188
Pileated woodpecker.