Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts?

/ Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts? #41  
EV's are a good idea.

So are Hydrogen-powered Fuel Cell buses, solar powered (or solar subsidized) electrics in buildings.

I love technology..... PROVEN Technology.

I also laud the people trying to get us to not burn so much Carbon-Based Fuel. It does pollute, there's absolutely no question about it.

How much, is debatable. But what is not debatable is the hypocrisy of those calling for an immediate and precipitous change to EV everything.

Wanna save fuel? So do I. But they don't. They really don't. If they wanted to save fuel, they'd allow, even encourage, diesels.

My Brother came back from Europe several years and was telling me about the Ford Fiesta he rented. It got 75 Miles per gallon. Hand measured. And it wasn't a horrible car.

Why did the Criminals in the EPA suddenly turn against diesel? Simple; it works. And the 'people' doing this don't want anything or anyone dictating energy policy in this Country but themselves

/ Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts? #42  
The USPS just told EVs to go jump in a lake. They're staying with ICE.
So did UPS to a point. Just don't work for delivery vehicles. I remember back before I retired we worked on the electric powered Freightliner chassis UPS deliver vans and when one was in the shop, it had to be surrounded by 'exclusion' tape because of the inherent electrocution hazards. 6 wheeled toaster we called them. UPS also tried the LNG vehicles. Didn't work either. LNG requires not only specialized filling equipment but certified 'filling' people.

Far as I'm concerned, here it will always be ICE.

/ Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts? #43  
Weather updates, road conditions, speed traps, traffic conditions ... me like.

/ Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts? #44  
Speed traps I never pay any attention to. I always drive at or below the posted limit, usually below. Never in a hurry, I'm retired.

/ Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts? #45  
EV's are a good idea.

So are Hydrogen-powered Fuel Cell buses, solar powered (or solar subsidized) electrics in buildings.

I love technology..... PROVEN Technology.

I also laud the people trying to get us to not burn so much Carbon-Based Fuel. It does pollute, there's absolutely no question about it.

How much, is debatable. But what is not debatable is the hypocrisy of those calling for an immediate and precipitous change to EV everything.

Wanna save fuel? So do I. But they don't. They really don't. If they wanted to save fuel, they'd allow, even encourage, diesels.

My Brother came back from Europe several years and was telling me about the Ford Fiesta he rented. It got 75 Miles per gallon. Hand measured. And it wasn't a horrible car.

Why did the Criminals in the EPA suddenly turn against diesel? Simple; it works. And the 'people' doing this don't want anything or anyone dictating energy policy in this Country but themselves
I agree. Good post.

/ Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts? #46  
Speed traps I never pay any attention to. I always drive at or below the posted limit, usually below. Never in a hurry, I'm retired.
A year or so ago I was buying some larger tires/wheels for my offroad buggy. The boys and I went on a roadtrip about 250 miles one way to get them. Driver had his Cell Phone on giving us directions. Out of the blue it noted a speed trap ahead. We're all wondering what it said. Topped a hill and there was an LEO with radar. First time I'd ever saw that. We weren't speeding.

/ Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts? #47  
Yep, when I use my cell phone for nav, it will point out speed traps, traffic slowdowns, etc. Road condition apps don't seem that great yet.

/ Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts? #48  
The big difference between electric vehicles and phones or computers, or any other technology that gets cheaper over time, is that the EV is governed by the government, and they will never lose their control over how they are built.

My biggest concern about an electric vehicle is replacing the batteries. Every battery gets weaker every day. In 5 years, how much power will it store? When do you replace them ? How do you replace them? France has a lot of electric vehicles and they just through the entire car away when the batteries go bad.

/ Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts? #49  
So did UPS to a point. Just don't work for delivery vehicles. I remember back before I retired we worked on the electric powered Freightliner chassis UPS deliver vans and when one was in the shop, it had to be surrounded by 'exclusion' tape because of the inherent electrocution hazards. 6 wheeled toaster we called them. UPS also tried the LNG vehicles. Didn't work either. LNG requires not only specialized filling equipment but certified 'filling' people.

Far as I'm concerned, here it will always be ICE.
Good read.

I believe in EV's -- When they're ready. I applaud the companies and the people that buy them. Seriously, I do.

Let them pay the expense of untried technology. Not knocking them or their buying decision. Some of them know, up front, what they're getting into and are willing to pay the price in order to contribute to 'the cause'. Good on them.

The first automobiles and tractors weren't exactly modern marvels. They were actually even sometimes dangerous.

But without people buying them, there would have been no incentive for Henry Ford to come along and make a car cheap enough for the common man to buy.

But that took time.

Actually, no it didn't. Not really. It took a slight few years.

Henry was a genius. A nut, but a genius. For his day, an engineering master.

What we need today is another Henry Ford that can come along and make EV's for the common man. The LAST thing we need is for a goobermint bureaucracy loaded with honest-to-God imbeciles dictating what we need to buy, by improperly manipulating fuel prices. That..... Is criminal.

BTW, anybody ever wonder where we get most of our Lithium Ion Batteries from?

Also, did anybody read the recent article in The Hill about how the Russians have been donating to (and running) a lot of our environMENTAL groups?

So what two (2) Countries do you think would benefit most from this push to EV's?

/ Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts? #50  
They will, we're just in the early adopter phase of the transition right now. The higher the price the higher the margins so as long as manufacturers have year+ waitlists for $80,000 EVs they're going to target that market first.

The first cellphones literally cost thousands of dollars, now you can get many for free with a contract. The first HD TVs cost many thousands of dollars but today you can get one a at Walmart for $300. All new tech goes like that and EVs will be no different.
Yyeah….um no, they won’t be giving away EVs like cell phones.