Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts?

/ Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts? #51  
Good read.

I believe in EV's -- When they're ready. I applaud the companies and the people that buy them. Seriously, I do.

Let them pay the expense of untried technology. Not knocking them or their buying decision. Some of them know, up front, what they're getting into and are willing to pay the price in order to contribute to 'the cause'. Good on them.

The first automobiles and tractors weren't exactly modern marvels. They were actually even sometimes dangerous.

But without people buying them, there would have been no incentive for Henry Ford to come along and make a car cheap enough for the common man to buy.

But that took time.

Actually, no it didn't. Not really. It took a slight few years.

Henry was a genius. A nut, but a genius. For his day, an engineering master.

What we need today is another Henry Ford that can come along and make EV's for the common man. The LAST thing we need is for a goobermint bureaucracy loaded with honest-to-God imbeciles dictating what we need to buy, by improperly manipulating fuel prices. That..... Is criminal.

BTW, anybody ever wonder where we get most of our Lithium Ion Batteries from?

Also, did anybody read the recent article in The Hill about how the Russians have been donating to (and running) a lot of our environMENTAL groups?

So what two (2) Countries do you think would benefit most from this push to EV's?
Yep old Putin the mutilator was trying to pump money into enviroMENTAL groups to convince us to reduce fossil fuel production. He knows his bank Account gets bigger when Russia sells more oil & gas and the US sells less.
Its all a game and the one who makes the most money wins.

/ Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts? #52  
Re Ford creating a separate corporation for its EV's - speculation on some EV discussion boards is that traditional Ford will sink from the cost of its pension plan and other debt as its sales decline, while the new and separate EV spin-off, without this burden, will prosper.

Sort of like how GM hit rock bottom a decade ago, negative value, and was only saved by a massive infusion of taxpayer money. In the EV future, government might not vote a similar bailout for traditional Ford.

Last edited:
   / Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts? #53  
Yyeah….um no, they won’t be giving away EVs like cell phones.
Good points.

The First battery powered car was in 1890.

In 1996 generic motors released the first mass-produced EV. Only 106 years later.

26 years after gm's boondoggle, we're still waiting. The Tesla is a good vehicle..... Sorry, no it isn't. It's an 'Okay' vehicle.

I think that people who compare Cell Phones and TV's to EV's are seriously part of the problem. It's something I'd expect from my 12 year-old grandson.

It's why it is difficult to have a serious conversation with some people.

/ Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts? #54  
Yep old Putin the mutilator was trying to pump money into enviroMENTAL groups to convince us to reduce fossil fuel production. He knows his bank Account gets bigger when Russia sells more oil & gas and the US sells less.
Its all a game and the one who makes the most money wins.
It's not about the money with Put'n-it-in. It's about power.

If he could get Western Europe totally dependent on his oil and gas (which he did to a point) he would have a free hand with his neighbors. Or anything else he wants to.

China is doubling-down on Nukes and coal. Has been for a while.

We were energy independent not long ago. I'm waiting for a certain someone to blame the devil. He's blamed everything/everyone else

/ Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts? #55  
The timing of the now $6/g gas and very low availability of EVs is puzzling.
You’d think the emotional teenagers environmental club (ETEC) would have waited until auto lots were full of EVs, THEN made gas $6/g.

Last edited:
   / Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts? #56  
It's not about the money with Put'n-it-in. It's about power.

If he could get Western Europe totally dependent on his oil and gas (which he did to a point) he would have a free hand with his neighbors. Or anything else he wants to.

China is doubling-down on Nukes and coal. Has been for a while.

We were energy independent not long ago. I'm waiting for a certain someone to blame the devil. He's blamed everything/everyone else
I agree, but would add money IS power.
Putins economy is now in a state of shock and it wouldn’t surprise me if something crazy happens internally in Russia.

Last edited:
   / Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts? #57  
I think that people who compare Cell Phones and TV's to EV's are seriously part of the problem. It's something I'd expect from my 12 year-old grandson. It's why it is difficult to have a serious conversation with some people.
Tell us how they are different, in the sense of new technology changing culture.

Those comparisons are related to the speed of adopting new technology which simply works better for the person buying it. Phones are the most recent example, it wasn't that long ago that it was illegal to put your own modem on a phone line and transfer data. Ending ATT's monopoly on communication literally changed the world. I expect we'll see similar evolution in personal transportation. (Not farming or commercial transport, diesel works better for those).

/ Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts? #58  
I agree, but would add money IS power.
Putins economy is now in a state of shock and it wouldn’t surprise me if something crazy happens internally in Russia.
Money is a relatively new concept compared to power.

On the micro level, yes money is power. But money is often used to buy power.

Anyhow, Putin is very likely to be the richest man in the world, not Elon Musk.

But Elon doesn't have 4,500 Nuclear Warheads at his fingertips. Musk vs. Putin isn't even a contest. Mad Vlad wins in a walk over.

/ Ford Announces New Company, Model E, what's your thoughts? #59  
Hope you're not cheering for Putin.