Buying Advice 4052r vs L4760

/ 4052r vs L4760 #52  
The HST+ in each range gives you, L - more torque and less speed, H - more speed and less torque. I’ve never moved out of medium range when working. I’ve had my GL for 1-1/2 yrs and just nearing 400 hours of use. It’s a great tractor, only downside is Kubota seats are terrible. I’m upgrading to air ride but it’s a $1,000 cost at the dealer. The factory seat bottoms out if you’re 225lbs or more. my sciatic begins to hurt after 2 hours in the seat. I’m a senior citizen though so if you’re younger it might be fine.
Same for me. I don't road my tractor at all so never use High range. I have used Low range very rarely and mostly the only reason I ever took it out of Med range was to make sure the other ranges worked when I bought it. Mine stays permanently in med and I use the column shift when i need power or finer control in med/Low vs med/Hi for more speed. Close to 400 hrs and owned since 2013.

What I see you saying from reading all this is you have pointed out several things you like about the Kubota and maybe one on the JD. I'm betting you have made up your mind...

/ 4052r vs L4760 #53  
My local dealer (in central Vermont) was bought out by a company too...quite likely the same company that bought your local dealer (company is in Texas and the initials are UT&T).

Nope, unless they're doing business under another name. This is not a huge company, they own several nearby JD dealerships. I don't think their reach expands beyond this region.

The local dealers here are pretty much independent, as far as how they run their businesses...I'm sure they have to meet corporate sales and profit quotas, like any corporation. Frankly, I question your friend's concerns...but it's easy to blame or accuse the other guy, isn't it?

Do you doubt his word that it went from a pleasant place to work to an unpleasant place? Do you doubt that he was concerned, or think he was being untruthful about his concerns? That's an epic life skill--being able to fully assess a situation such as this (and call my friend a liar) from 1500 miles away. I am in awe.

I also don't see anybod "blaming the other guy". He was suddenly less pleased with his work environment, gave it a year to see if things improved with time, then sought and accepted a more pleasing job. He never says anything bad about anybody, and when questioned about specific unethical practices of this company he just stated that he didn't agree with their practices. Even after leaving, he doesn't talk poorly of him (but many of the other folks who changed jobs do). Fortunately his skills are in demand and he was able to leave under his own terms.

I also want to emphasize that this is not a "JD thing". This could have happened to dealers of any color. Here it was JD.

Last edited:
   / 4052r vs L4760 #54  
Nope, unless they're doing business under another name.

Do you doubt his word that it went from a pleasant place to work to an unpleasant place? Do you doubt that he was concerned, or think he was being untruthful about his concerns? That's an amazing life skill--being able to fully assess a situation such as this (and call my friend a liar) from 1500 miles away. I am in awe.

I also don't see anybodyt "blaming the other guy". He was suddenly less pleased with his work environment, gave it a year to see if things improved with time, then sought and accepted a more pleasing job. He never says anything bad about anybody, and when questioned about specific unethical practices of this company he just stated that he didn't agree with their practices. Even after leaving, he doesn't talk poorly of him (but many of the other folks who changed jobs do). Fortunately his skills are in demand and he was able to leave under his own terms.

I also want to emphasize that this is not a "JD thing". This could have happened to dealers of any color. Here it was JD.
No, I don't doubt his word, and your comment is unnecessary. If the OP had responded, that'd be fine...you, sir, have no dog in this "fight" (i.e. discussion)
Note, I'd asked if the initials were UT&T. If the initials aren't, then he's dealing with another company. I'm sure the OP understood this since it was pretty straightforward, wasn't it?
UT&T bought up a number of Deere dealers in the Northeast/New England area. So far, no complaints (I've a friend who works at the local dealer) and even the former owner's son has no complaints. If anything, it's probably helped the business...

/ 4052r vs L4760 #55  
No, I don't doubt his word, and your comment is unnecessary. If the OP had responded, that'd be fine...you, sir, have no dog in this "fight" (i.e. discussion)
I didn't realize it was a fight? I guess we do things different out here in flyover country. I am the guy you quoted, and the person you were addressing when you said

I question your friend's concerns...but it's easy to blame or accuse the other guy, isn't it?

I guess I was invited to the fight discussion by the OP asking for opinions, but thanks for your concern.

I'm sure the OP understood this since it was pretty straightforward, wasn't it?

I (me, the one you quoted) did fully understand, as it was very straightforward. You questioned my friend's experience (or his retelling of the same). Sorry for your confusion.

/ 4052r vs L4760
I appreciate everyone’s input. I placed the order for the 4760 today. The kubota sales guy stuck with me as I painfully researched all options. Probably annoyed the hell out of him but he didn’t show it. Multiple quotes later and at the end he threw in a couple freebies. Sealed the deal.

now the wait….

/ 4052r vs L4760 #57  
Congrats. Terrific tractor. What is your estimated wait time? I was fortunate that my dealer located mine at another dealer about 60 miles away and they did a swap or transfer or something. This was four years ago and before the defecation hit the rotary oscillator.

Enjoy the anticipation. :)

/ 4052r vs L4760
Congrats. Terrific tractor. What is your estimated wait time? I was fortunate that my dealer located mine at another dealer about 60 miles away and they did a swap or transfer or something. This was four years ago and before the defecation hit the rotary oscillator.

Enjoy the anticipation. :)
The guy said they really don’t know. And I do believe him. He said kubota is churning out Bxs but they just don’t know when it comes to the bigger tractors. I’m in the construction industry and I know these issues are real. I have to tell clients I don’t know when they are getting roofing material and dock equipment. Sucks all around. Hopefully they can work something out.

/ 4052r vs L4760 #59  
I know about that too. I didn’t get a loader initially & ordered one in November. Dealer really doesn’t know when it will arrive. The Grand L’s are made and crated in Japan (Messick’s video) and I understand that the B’s, BX’s, and standard L’s are made or mostly made in northeast Georgia. Loaders and backhoes are Georgia grown too.

Last edited:
   / 4052r vs L4760 #60  
I’ve done all the research I can possibly do. I’ve narrowed it down to these two tractors in a cab. Both tractors are within 2$k of each other with the Deere being more. The financing rates and term are practically the same.

HP is nearly the same (49vs52)

Deere has a slight edge on loader capacity, but it’s minimal.

The kubota dealer is 5 miles away. The Deere dealer is 20miles.

because Of pandemic conditions there are no tractors available to test drive, so that isn’t an option.

Im hoping to get more info on here from people who might have driven both. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I would not make a purchase without driving both. I had my mind made up on one until i drove it. I realized I wasn't comfortable on it and realized it wasn't a good fit for me.