Buying Advice 4052r vs L4760

/ 4052r vs L4760 #71  
Hmmm... older things take a different mindset as well. They have no warranty, but they do have history. A tractor - or a car - that has a few thousand hours on it is unlikely to suddenly change how it works.

I'd stay away from rusted anything. That's always worth passing up.

/ 4052r vs L4760 #72  
It was the case but John Deere owners brought Deere in court to dispute that matter and the farmers won so now they have access to the diagnostic software and can do their own repairs.

ONGOING COVERAGE: Deere Hit with Class Action Lawsuit Over Right to Repair
Of course JD does not want to give that up without a hard fight, that is the most profitable part of their business. I'm starting to realize now that this push by them to go electric is just another way cooked up by the company to keep owners from working on their own equipment.

/ 4052r vs L4760 #73  
Part of that change toward buying new equipment and accepting the resulting higher prices seems due to scarcity, but I believe most of the change is simply how a new generation prefers to spend their money and time.
A lot of us out here are not accepting this price gouging that is going on. I started a thread addressing this very issue this past Friday. I think we all have to help each other out on this forum right now. That means reporting when dealers are engaging in this type of behavior and recommending alternatives that people can go to when they're not being treated fairly.

/ 4052r vs L4760 #74  
The trend to electronic controls is not a new thing. Look at modern cars, it’s no shock that happening in tractors to.

/ 4052r vs L4760 #75  
The trend to electronic controls is not a new thing. Look at modern cars, it’s no shock that happening in tractors to.
Nope...no surprise and it's probably about the only way we'll meet emissions
They other thing...people like conveniences...heat, AC...all kinds of stuff we already have in our cars and trucks.

/ 4052r vs L4760 #76  
Congrats, @Psufan! I hope you got the horse discount...20% is nothing to sneeze at.

If I go with Kubota, that is the most likely model.

/ 4052r vs L4760
Congrats, @Psufan! I hope you got the horse discount...20% is nothing to sneeze at.

If I go with Kubota, that is the most likely model.
I didn’t get the horse discount. Probably should of tried but I was 9% below what the online builder suggested and got a financing special.

im really looking forward to the 4760. It’s got the hydraulics of the 6060 and good weight. Hope you can make it work.

/ 4052r vs L4760 #79  
From what I understand and the way my tractor operates the John Deere " Load Match " adjusts the ground speed to the engine torque/ RPM. It keeps the engine in the " sweet spot of the torque " at the selected engine RPM. The load match works at all different engine RPM's. Later

/ 4052r vs L4760 #80  
From what I understand and the way my tractor operates the John Deere " Load Match " adjusts the ground speed to the engine torque/ RPM. It keeps the engine in the " sweet spot of the torque " at the selected engine RPM. The load match works at all different engine RPM's. Later
Yup!!