If there are aliens, what will they look like?

/ If there are aliens, what will they look like? #871  
If everyone quits replying to this troll, he'll go away, otherwise he'll just keep spewing nonsense ad infinitum. Please stop feeding the troll.

Back on the original subject of the thread, has anyone considered that an alien's skin coloring, or whatever covers the outside of their bodies, would most likely depend on the color and intensity of their home planet's star where they evolved, i.e. a red dwarf.
Are you using the diversity of coloration on the many forms of life found on earth as your basis?

Chameleon.... has it's advantages.

And octopuses have a certain mystique when it comes to possible alienship....

/ If there are aliens, what will they look like? #872  
A quick scan, The lion's share of the "continuation" is posted by detractors... Preaching to the choir...some rather disrespectful.

/ If there are aliens, what will they look like? #873  
Really. I want you to think about what you just asked.

The speed of anything is only relevant between two objects.
I'm sure you've witnessed the doppler effect of a train horn sometime in your life.
The speed of the soundwaves leave the horn at a fixed speed.
Then you have to add the speed of the train to the speed of the horn sound waves.
If the train is speeding towards you, the sound waves are coming at you faster than they are as the train goes away from you.
That's why the sound shifts as it goes by.

Felix's speed and the earth's surface speed are relevant to each other. If the earth's surface speed was zero, as you think, or if the earth's surface speed is about 1000mph at the equator as the rest of the world believes, the effects would be exactly the same.

We've already proven this concept to you in the example of jumping inside of a moving vehicle.

You know all of these examples can be observed and performed by yourself.

You have your faith based religion, I have mine.

/ If there are aliens, what will they look like? #874  
If everyone quits replying to this troll, he'll go away, otherwise he'll just keep spewing nonsense ad infinitum. Please stop feeding the troll.

Back on the original subject of the thread, has anyone considered that an alien's skin coloring, or whatever covers the outside of their bodies, would most likely depend on the color and intensity of their home planet's star where they evolved, i.e. a red dwarf.
In other words, "I can't defend my faith based religion so I will resort to name calling".

/ If there are aliens, what will they look like? #875  
Are you using the diversity of coloration on the many forms of life found on earth as your basis?

Chameleon.... has it's advantages.

And octopuses have a certain mystique when it comes to possible alienship....

/ If there are aliens, what will they look like? #877  
The lowly Limpet, also known locally as a China Cap, has a tongue or 'radula' covered in tiny teeth that scrape away at a rock's surface, and is now considered the strongest biologically created structure. You can collect, after getting a shell fish license, and eat limpets, but having attempted this, to make limpet stew, its just too much work and you need a lot of limpets.

Native Americans, practiced both slavery and upheld a form of upper class nobility. At least they did in the PNW.
Because slave raids were fairly common, they had to differentiate COMMONS from the nobility. To do this they would place an infant's head in sort of a vice, that would flatten the forehead, while the bones of the skull were still some what plastic. These persons, with their obviously slopped heads were off limits to being taken as slaves. During a Potlack, the host family would attempt to impress visitors with what they could "Throw Away." During these events, many of the slaves were killed as a demonstration of wealth.

Diamonds are not all that rare. Even big four carat ones. Its an entirely artificial market created by Debeers. They have vast storage facilities of large diamonds, yet only release a few at a time.

During the tulip bubble of the 1600s, a single bulb of the rarest kind, could sell for as much as an entire house.

Most every thing you buy over the counter at your local store, for controlling coughs and colds, was once a patented formula sold by fakes. And most of those once contained camphorated opium. Doctors in the 40's and 50's routinely would give out a free cough syrup. Which contained Opium.

The larger the set, The more things become fun. One person flipping a coin will find it is about 50-50. Take a thousand people and ask them to flip a coin. Bad choice and you are eliminated. But some one might guess well and be correct all the way to be the winner. Are they lucky? :) Do it again, and its most likely a different person that wins. Is that person now lucky?

Last edited:
   / If there are aliens, what will they look like? #878  
Good thing I went to work for a Newspaper! 🤣
Yes, because we all know that good typesetting skills will never go out of style! ;)
The larger the set, The more things become fun. One person flipping a coin will find it is about 50-50. Take a thousand people and ask them to flip a coin. Some one might win. Are they lucky? :)
When I showed up for my first statistics class the instructor was standing by a small table, standing a roll of pennies on their sides.
He then asked us to guess how many of them would land heads up. Most of us guessed 25, +- a few.

We were wrong. It was either 50 or zero, I forget which. The outside rim of a penny is tapered, so they all fell to the same side.

/ If there are aliens, what will they look like? #879  
They make great bait...
I had a friend that liked to go fishing on group boats off of the LA coast. He told me once someone brought up a mantis shrimp and threw it in the bait box. It killed half the bait before the crew figured out someone threw it in there. Some guy reached in to grab it out of the bait box and it blew a couple of his fingers open, blood all over the place. 😬