CHECK OIL?

/ CHECK OIL? #12  
Sadly I only check it now and then... more so when I'm close to the recommended 'hour' change.

Every time I have checked it's been 'in the zone'. Which probably leads to my infrequent checks.
Used to be like that….12 hrs after a service she lost her oil.
D57DC810-C648-45E7-9D15-B7AAB623F9AB.jpeg

/ CHECK OIL? #13  
The tractor, every time before stating, vehicles, about every 2-3K or before a long trip. **** about looking at the parking spots for leaks.

/ CHECK OIL? #14  
View attachment 741854
The gal down the road had that happen to her car as well. Took it to a 10 minute oil change place and they didn't tighten the oil filter and on the way home, the idiot light came on and by the time she noticed it, the motor ground to a halt. Don't know if they paid for a new engine but she has a different buggy now.

/ CHECK OIL? #15  
View attachment 741854
Got enough straps on it????

When I trailer mine, I attach a screw shackle/clevis to the drawbar and one on the front where the suitcase weight bracket is and use 2 grade 80 binder chains and 4 ratchet binders. I chain in an X pattern.

I've never used straps except on round bales, have terrible 'luck' with straps.

/ CHECK OIL? #16  

When I trailer mine, I attach a screw shackle/clevis to the drawbar and one on the front where the suitcase weight bracket is and use 2 grade 80 binder chains and 4 ratchet binders. I chain in an X pattern.

You think it’s more straps than it is because the engine is strapped down. Small tractor I chain front and rear then loop the straps over each front wheel for lateral requirements. Because I’m fast or lazy, one of the two. Big tractor gets four chains.

/ CHECK OIL? #17  

Oh yes!! Anything short of that and you get a tractor in the cab with you in an emergency braking condition or collision. Straps stretch and/or break. Anything over a certain weight and you’re supposed to have four separate chains. Whatever that weight is, I only remember that I’m under that. I would use four but I don’t have four good attachment points so I use one chain in front to two corners of the trailer, and one in back the same way, but they each have a working weight limit that exceeds the weight of my tractor. If a giant hand picked up and turned my trailer upside down the tractor wouldn’t move.

/ CHECK OIL? #18  
View attachment 741854
Yep. Brought my Kubota back from service several years ago, parked it, and the next morning all the hydro fluid was on the ground under the tractor. New lines were only hand fitted at the service shop and they forgot to tighten them. I don’t go back to that dealer for anything. They said “you must have loosened them after you got home.”

/ CHECK OIL? #19  
Oh yes!! Anything short of that and you get a tractor in the cab with you in an emergency braking condition or collision. Straps stretch and/or break. Anything over a certain weight and you’re supposed to have four separate chains. Whatever that weight is, I only remember that I’m under that. I would use four but I don’t have four good attachment points so I use one chain in front to two corners of the trailer, and one in back the same way, but they each have a working weight limit that exceeds the weight of my tractor. If a giant hand picked up and turned my trailer upside down the tractor wouldn’t move.
One grade 80 (stamped every other link) chain per 10,000 pounds, minimum of 2 chains, secured to a immovable part of the towing vehicle or trailer. Actually straps work too, but not the 1 1/2" wide ones. In reality they were deemed illegal by the Federal DOT years ago. Only 4" wide straps are considered legal load securement.

/ CHECK OIL? #20  
I check oil on things that leak quite often, but sadly don’t take the time to check things that don’t. For example, the front axle oil in my tractors. If it doesn’t leak, I rarely pull the plug until it’s time to do the service.