CHECK OIL?

/ CHECK OIL? #21  
Oh yes!! Anything short of that and you get a tractor in the cab with you in an emergency braking condition or collision. Straps stretch and/or break. Anything over a certain weight and you’re supposed to have four separate chains. Whatever that weight is, I only remember that I’m under that. I would use four but I don’t have four good attachment points so I use one chain in front to two corners of the trailer, and one in back the same way, but they each have a working weight limit that exceeds the weight of my tractor. If a giant hand picked up and turned my trailer upside down the tractor wouldn’t move.
I'll take your word on that and you can take mine that I'd be moving real fast getting out of Dodge.🏃‍♂️

/ CHECK OIL? #22  
Yep. Brought my Kubota back from service several years ago, parked it, and the next morning all the hydro fluid was on the ground under the tractor. New lines were only hand fitted at the service shop and they forgot to tighten them. I don’t go back to that dealer for anything. They said “you must have loosened them after you got home.”
My Father had similar happen to him. Took his car to the local garage, they didn't get the filter on tight, dumped it all on a SHORT drive home. Taught me to check the dealers work as best as I can.

/ CHECK OIL? #23  
Oh yes!! Anything short of that and you get a tractor in the cab with you in an emergency braking condition or collision. Straps stretch and/or break. Anything over a certain weight and you’re supposed to have four separate chains. Whatever that weight is, I only remember that I’m under that. I would use four but I don’t have four good attachment points so I use one chain in front to two corners of the trailer, and one in back the same way, but they each have a working weight limit that exceeds the weight of my tractor. If a giant hand picked up and turned my trailer upside down the tractor wouldn’t move.
False. There are very specific numbers for forces from forward, back, and laterally. You must cover those forces and while some things require chains some do not. Read more laws and less internet machoisms.

/ CHECK OIL? #24  
One grade 80 (stamped every other link) chain per 10,000 pounds, minimum of 2 chains, secured to a immovable part of the towing vehicle or trailer. Actually straps work too, but not the 1 1/2" wide ones. In reality they were deemed illegal by the Federal DOT years ago. Only 4" wide straps are considered legal load securement.
I’m 99% sure you can use the DOT approved 2” ratchet straps…

/ CHECK OIL? #25  
I’m 99% sure you can use the DOT approved 2” ratchet straps…
I've always thought (and sure hope) that this is so. But I'm a lifetime learner. 5030, can you point us to a DOT source on the 4" strap issue? 🤔

/ CHECK OIL? #27  
Each day I use it I check all fluids before I use it and I look under the tractor for suspicious spot. When I'm done for the day I check everything again. You only need to have an engine blow up once because it didn't have oil. For me it was a tiller, not a tractor, but still gave me a wake up call. Funny thing is I never check the oil in my cars.

/ CHECK OIL? #28  
Twice a year. When I change it. No leaks, no smoke...I'm good just like I did with my previous tractor of 28 yrs.
Only putting on 30-50 hrs per year.
If I used equipment commercially, once per day.
As 5030 stated, tire pressure critical not only for soil compaction but for load carrying ability and stability.
I blow out my air filter once per month.