2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #1  

jmc

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST
Never heard of doing this before but then, I don't get out much:

"The Tundra also catches up to its urban-cowboy competitors with a more civilized multi-link independent rear suspension. With the trailering upgrade, the rear coil springs are swapped with air springs. Now you’re talking. The air suspension allows drivers to line up and then lower the trailer ball beneath the level of the trailer hitch, guided by feeds from a rear-facing camera and other sensors. Trailering newbies will be spared hours of embarrassment at the marina."

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #3  
Have to subscribe for me to read link...

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #4  
A sweet truck but still just a half ton. Not something I could use.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #5  
A sweet truck but still just a half ton. Not something I could use.
Still may not be something you can use, but it is not a 'half-ton'.

Payload capacity is over 3/4 ton. Towing capacity is over 11k pounds.

Maybe this should be in Pet Peeves, but the terms quarter ton, half ton, and three quarter ton are meaningless. They come from old payload capacities for the early F150 and GM family 1500 series. Toyota was never part of this nomenclature. The Tundra has only been sold in the US since 1999. The max payload then was nearly 1 ton. (2wd)

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #7  
Texas is nice ;)
But I will give to you an explanation, why that size of car is not first choice in Italy :ROFLMAO:
IMG_0128.jpeg
IMG_0129.jpeg

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #8  

Maybe this should be in Pet Peeves, but the terms quarter ton, half ton, and three quarter ton are meaningless. They come from old payload capacities for the early F150 and GM family 1500 series. Toyota was never part of this nomenclature. The Tundra has only been sold in the US since 1999. The max payload then was nearly 1 ton. (2wd)
I agree completely. We need to add the terms motor when talking about the internal combustion engine, and chip when talking about programmers/tunes to the list.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #9  

You are no doubt correct, but my neighbor who is the general manager of a Toyota dealership told me that the Tundra is in the same class as the F150 and Ram 1500, not the F250 or 2500. Perhaps I should have said the Tundra isn’t super duty, heavy duty, or whatever? It’s not going to be pulling a heavy gooseneck or fifth wheel trailer.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #10  
Wow is it ugly! Close tie with the current GM trucks. Ugh!