2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #11  
Wow is it ugly! Close tie with the current GM trucks. Ugh!
I think the designers of ALL the FS trucks go to the same school of butt ugly.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #12  
There have been quite a few defects and problems with the 2022 models -- best to wait until they iron out the problems.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #13  
There have been quite a few defects and problems with the 2022 models -- best to wait until they iron out the problems.
Can you explain? Where are they having problems? I just replaced a 2007 Tundra with a 2018. Not sold on the looks of the 2022. Also nt sure of the new engine setup. Just wondering. Jon.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #14  
Can you explain? Where are they having problems? I just replaced a 2007 Tundra with a 2018. Not sold on the looks of the 2022. Also nt sure of the new engine setup. Just wondering. Jon.

There have been a few new Tundras with turbo wastegate issues requiring removal of the cab to reach the turbo on the back of the engine. It’s not just old Ford 6.0/6.4 diesel guys with their trucks in the shop with the cabs removed anymore. Not a good look for Toyota.

Last edited:
   / 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #15  
There is just something wrong in truck design if you have to remove the truck cab to remove a turbo from an engine. I think designers and engineers have a little too much faith in the reliability of their components.
Just mount the front clip and cab on a subframe with hydraulics so you can just tilt it up out of the way like a cabover semi tractor.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #16  
It has been said before but I think designers and engineers should be MADE to work on anything they design before it could be sold. Bet if that happened you would have access/room to work without having to strip half the vehicle to work on it.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas
It has been said before but I think designers and engineers should be MADE to work on anything they design before it could be sold. Bet if that happened you would have access/room to work without having to strip half the vehicle to work on it.

I'm an engineer and I approve of this message.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas
There is just something wrong in truck design if you have to remove the truck cab to remove a turbo from an engine. I think designers and engineers have a little too much faith in the reliability of their components.
Just mount the front clip and cab on a subframe with hydraulics so you can just tilt it up out of the way like a cabover semi tractor.

it might have been just an urban legend back then but it was reported that to change the rearward sparkplugs on a big block Mustang, you had to loosen the engine.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #19  

That's good advice regarding the launch of any new vehicle. 👍

I can't say anything about the trucks comfort or capabilities, but I can see a 2022 Tundra in my neighbors driveway and it's... unfortunate looking.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #20  
I’m in the market for a new truck and waited for the reveal of the new Tundra before placing an order. IMO, Toyota missed the mark in a few areas on the new Tundra. 1) Disappointingly low payload (1450lbs on a crew cab Limited), 2) no flat floor under the back seat, 3) no step to make bed access easier, 4) turbo on back of engine making servicing a PITA, 5) hybrid version has giant heavy battery under rear seat reducing storage and payload.

I ordered a Ford F-350 Tremor instead for not much more than the cost of a new Tundra.