How agriculture works thread

/ How agriculture works thread #381  
I put very little faith in this report. Not the fact that Russia might have "exported" some AG equipment back to Russia. But the fact that it's now being considered worthless.

/ How agriculture works thread #382  
What Putin and the Russian Army is doing is criminal. And I think he's going to get away with it. In a year or two he'll have the eastern part of Ukraine and it'll be business as usual. Just like when he seized Crimea.

/ How agriculture works thread #384  
I wonder if Laura was in on the big snowstorm out there? Looks like she missed it and Nebraska is desperate for moisture. Much of that area is in a big drought.

/ How agriculture works thread
I wonder if Laura was in on the big snowstorm out there? Looks like she missed it and Nebraska is desperate for moisture. Much of that area is in a big drought.
No, my family member's in central SD didn't either. It was further north.

/ How agriculture works thread #386  
I put very little faith in this report. Not the fact that Russia might have "exported" some AG equipment back to Russia. But the fact that it's now being considered worthless.
Nothing runs like a Deere unless it don't run at all....lol

/ How agriculture works thread #387  
Give it to a kid, they'll have it running in no time. :)

/ How agriculture works thread #388  

Nothing runs like a Deere, being chased by a kubota.

/ How agriculture works thread #390  
I'm on flat ground and drove my wife's Tundra pickup over to hill country. I thought something was wrong with my transmission until I called a friend of mine in another state and he explained it was the transmission downshifting and then upshifting with all the hills. On the flat ground around me, I don't recall it ever doing that. Seems odd. And, duh on my part. 🎱

It's flat, Minnesota ground but try Millennial Farmer. He's a good farmer and it's worth a look. Some corn ground is 300 bu to the acre and the US average is maybe 165. Black dirt is a national treasure no matter where it is.

I look at some of the pictures of soil out there and think "No wonder everybody headed west back in the 19th century." Somebody recently mentioned subsoiling to 3 feet... try that here and you will bring up orange dirt, if you don't hit ledge first. I wouldn't know how to plant without contending with rocks... and it doesn't matter how many you pick, the frost moves more up to the surface every year. I did have the bigger ones picked from my garden spot at one time. Weeds were getting bad though so I had a brainstorm that I would turn the seeds under deep, and bring some fresher soil to the surface. I put my single bottom plow on and send it as deep as it would go (16")... boy did I ever find some nice rocks! I had never had it trip before, but made up for it that day!