I’m ready for winter

/ I’m ready for winter #21  
I mentioned to the wife , just this evening, as we sat quietly after supper. "Only 4 more months till autumn!"

She likes the warm

I got NOTHING done today, felt out of sorts, Too Hot! . Over 80 degrees before noon.

/ I’m ready for winter #22  
Just finished our 4th day in a row of 90+ degree weather with dew points in the mid to upper 70's.
In central Iowa! That's July temps for us.

Last edited:
   / I’m ready for winter #23  
Air conditioning? (old pic taken in the Porkies state park MI X years ago) We are on a trail bridge. Our home does not have AC.View attachment 745646
We actually don’t have air conditioning in our house. At 6,900’ elevation, our hottest month is June when it averages in the mid to high 90s during the day, but at sunset the temperatures drop into the 60-70s. For about 2 weeks in late June we cuss the heat and say next year we’re getting air conditioning. Then around July 4, the monsoon rainy season starts and the daytime highs are in the mid-80s. It usually doesn’t get back up to the mid 90s again that season. Sometimes we will have a hot period in August, but usually June is the hottest month. At high elevations even when it’s hot during the day, nighttime’s are usually good sleeping weather with open windows. We do use ceiling fans.

/ I’m ready for winter #24  
When it comes to the 3H's according to Mrs. I become moody...I agree.

/ I’m ready for winter #25  
We actually don’t have air conditioning in our house. At 6,900’ elevation, our hottest month is June when it averages in the mid to high 90s during the day, but at sunset the temperatures drop into the 60-70s. For about 2 weeks in late June we cuss the heat and say next year we’re getting air conditioning. Then around July 4, the monsoon rainy season starts and the daytime highs are in the mid-80s. It usually doesn’t get back up to the mid 90s again that season. Sometimes we will have a hot period in August, but usually June is the hottest month. At high elevations even when it’s hot during the day, nighttime’s are usually good sleeping weather with open windows. We do use ceiling fans.
Our average highs in July are something like 70 or maybe less. The big lake keeps us cool but when we hit 80 its an oven for us. We never get used to the heat. 😁

/ I’m ready for winter #26  
I came home from work two days ago and it was 88 degrees inside the house. My wife was working away at her computer happy as can be, with only a couple windows open in the house. I, on the other hand, was sweating like a pig!

I asked her why she didn't have the air on? She said it was nice. :rolleyes:

Only about eight more months until I can go ice fishing again.

/ I’m ready for winter #27  
I came home from work two days ago and it was 88 degrees inside the house. My wife was working away at her computer happy as can be, with only a couple windows open in the house. I, on the other hand, was sweating like a pig!

I asked her why she didn't have the air on? She said it was nice. :rolleyes:

Only about eight more months until I can go ice fishing again.

You know, it's fascinating, my wife is the same way. It's odd how comfortable most women seem to be with heat; I've heard it said that it reminds them of hell, where they're from.

Not that I believe that...

/ I’m ready for winter #28  
I HATE WINTER! As I'm so fond of saying, it's no wonder the Yankees won the war; after all, you have to be tough to survive the Northern Winters. The older I get, the more the heat...and cold...affect me, but the heat of Summer is easier to survive in the rural areas. The best climate I have ever experienced, was the three years we lived in Albuquerque. Loved the climate, but hated the desert, and let's face it, the culture there.

/ I’m ready for winter #29  
All of my older family (Great Depression Era) loved working in the heat. Maybe because that is all they new was working in the heat on the farm. I don't mind it to bad but hate when I get all sweaty, dusty and nasty. I like working outside when it is 40s and 50s.

Fall and Spring are my times of year I love. In the winter I wish it was warmer and in the summer I wish it was cooler. I have to go to San Diego every once in a while for work. They have really nice weather and low humidity.

Hot is not too bad but top on the 100% humidity and that is what gets you.

/ I’m ready for winter #30  
I don't like summer and I don't like winter.
I have heat and AC but who wants to run either of them.
The AC is on now, heat was just a few days ago.
I prefer fall and spring, when it stays above 55-60 and under 70-74 the weather is good,
so very few days am I happy with the weather.
I have noticed as I've aged my tolerance for heat or cold has diminished.