I’m ready for winter

/ I’m ready for winter #31  
I wished it was only 80°. It was 95° Wednesday, and 97° yesterday. Took the dog for a good walk after dark and it was still in the high 80's.

/ I’m ready for winter #32  
You know, it's fascinating, my wife is the same way. It's odd how comfortable most women seem to be with heat; I've heard it said that it reminds them of hell, where they're from.

Not that I believe that...
When I worked in I.T. I'd have to visit many cubicles to do PC repairs. I was always amazed that I'd be uncomfortably warm, yet most of the women in the cubes were wearing sweaters and many had space heaters (against fire codes here in cubicles) plugged into power strips (against fire codes) under their desks. I'd honestly guess that I replaced close to 100 burnt power strips over the years. And many had multiple burnt slots on them, so like, hey, my space heater melted that port on my power strip, so I'll just plug it into the next. Yikes! :rolleyes:

When I'm sweating-hot when I come in from outside, and tell my wife it's hot in the house, she puts the backs of her hands on my cheeks and she's ice cold! In bed, she's got 2-3 blankets, and I've just got a sheet, and a fan blowing on me to keep me from sweating. Yet if you take our temperatures we are both 98.6!

Women are indeed strange creatures. I look at my wife and my mind still goes ROWR!! My wife looks at me and she rolls her eyes like "there's my carny husband." 😛🤣

/ I’m ready for winter #33  
One day of this 80 degree crap is enough for me. I want to get home at night, start a fire in the wood stove and not worry about the house getting too hot if I want to use the oven. The fire danger is so bad I need to be careful what I do... I had to help out one out a couple of days ago because some idget threw a cigarette out the window. I can’t work in my garden tonight anyways, the black flies would carry me off. We’ve got six more months of this before it gets tolerable again?

Have I ever mentioned that I don’t like heat? :D

PS: Have a good evening everybody!!!!
I'm with you, though I have learned to live with it here in California. It took a couple of years. My view is I can always put on more gear to stay warm; hard to do anything about the heat. Today was the first morning for weeks that it wasn't in the thirties, and yet wildfires have already started in our area.

Still, it is gorgeous outside, and I would rather be outside than in.

Dodge those black flies! That is one insect I do not miss.

All the best,

Peter

/ I’m ready for winter #34  
When I worked in I.T. I'd have to visit many cubicles to do PC repairs. I was always amazed that I'd be uncomfortably warm, yet most of the women in the cubes were wearing sweaters and many had space heaters (against fire codes here in cubicles) plugged into power strips (against fire codes) under their desks. I'd honestly guess that I replaced close to 100 burnt power strips over the years. And many had multiple burnt slots on them, so like, hey, my space heater melted that port on my power strip, so I'll just plug it into the next. Yikes! :rolleyes:

When I'm sweating-hot when I come in from outside, and tell my wife it's hot in the house, she puts the backs of her hands on my cheeks and she's ice cold! In bed, she's got 2-3 blankets, and I've just got a sheet, and a fan blowing on me to keep me from sweating. Yet if you take our temperatures we are both 98.6!

Women are indeed strange creatures. I look at my wife and my mind still goes ROWR!! My wife looks at me and she rolls her eyes like "there's my carny husband." 😛🤣
The one thing me and my wife constantly fight over still is the Thermostat!!! I tell her to put a sweater on. I am not going to be hot and sweaty in my own house. 😁 When I am gone at work or somewhere for the day she jacks it up. lol Constant Battle!!! Still love her to death.

/ I’m ready for winter #35  
I mentioned to the wife , just this evening, as we sat quietly after supper. "Only 4 more months till autumn!"

She likes the warm

I got NOTHING done today, felt out of sorts, Too Hot! . Over 80 degrees before noon.
My wife also likes the warm that's fine but when the 3H's arrive,I tell her in month or so start losing day light and I get the look. :cautious:

/ I’m ready for winter #36  

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    845.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 098.jpg
    098.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 127
  • DSCN0094.JPG
    DSCN0094.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 128