Is there any food you do not like?

/ Is there any food you do not like? #432  
I despise creamed corn.
I always did as well... until this past weekend, some friends made some and it was great!

I believe this is the recipe they used,
LAWRY'S CREAMED CORN Recipe by Iron Woman For those of you who have eaten at Lawry's Prime Rib restaurant, you know they have not only the best prime rib, but the best creamed corn!

• 1 1⁄2tablespoons butter
  • 1 1⁄2tablespoons flour
  • 1⁄2teaspoon salt
  • 1 1⁄2cups whipping cream
  • 2tablespoons sugar
  • 3cups canned whole kernel corn (or fresh or frozen is okay)
  • Melt butter in heavy saucepan.
  • Add flour and salt, stirring to blend.
  • Slowly add whipping cream, stirring constantly until thickened.
  • Add sugar and corn, heat.
  • For Au Gratin creamed corn, place corn in a 9 or 10 inch shallow casserole dish.
  • Sprinkle with 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese and brown under broiler.

/ Is there any food you do not like? #433  
One thing I did not like when I was young is Horseradich. I love it now. I do not make my own, but the time may come soon ..... I find the jars marked "Strong" as being mild at best. Slather it on.

🤯🥵🥵🤯

/ Is there any food you do not like? #434  
I always did as well... until this past weekend, some friends made some and it was great!

LAWRY'S CREAMED CORN Recipe by Iron Woman For those of you who have eaten at Lawry's Prime Rib restaurant, you know they have not only the best prime rib, but the best creamed corn!

• 1 1⁄2tablespoons flour
  • 1⁄2teaspoon salt
  • 2tablespoons sugar

• For Au Gratin creamed corn, place corn in a 9 or 10 inch shallow casserole dish.
That sounds tasty! 😛

/ Is there any food you do not like? #435  
One thing I did not like when I was young is Horseradich. I love it now. I do not make my own, but the time may come soon ..... I find the jars marked "Strong" as being mild at best. Slather it on.

🤯🥵🥵🤯
I never had the chance to eat it as a kid. When I started dating my wife back in 1979, her family had horseradish at every holiday meal. My father in-law would scoop a blob onto his fork, spear a piece of ham or sausage, pop it in his mouth, and 5 seconds later his eyes would close, his eyebrows would raise, his eyelids would open, and his eyes were rolled back into his head! His mouth would open, he'd yell "whoa man!", calm down a bit, and then do it again!

So I had to try it! 🤣

I've been eating it ever since. That feeling of really strong horseradish fumes climbing up the back of your skull into your sinuses and BAM! you can instantly breath and taste the meal. I love it! (y)(y)

/ Is there any food you do not like? #436  
I never had the chance to eat it as a kid. When I started dating my wife back in 1979, her family had horseradish at every holiday meal. My father in-law would scoop a blob onto his fork, spear a piece of ham or sausage, pop it in his mouth, and 5 seconds later his eyes would close, his eyebrows would raise, his eyelids would open, and his eyes were rolled back into his head! His mouth would open, he'd yell "whoa man!", calm down a bit, and then do it again!

So I had to try it! 🤣

I've been eating it ever since. That feeling of really strong horseradish fumes climbing up the back of your skull into your sinuses and BAM! you can instantly breath and taste the meal. I love it! (y)(y)
When I was about four, I went through a phase of trying things from the garden. My Mom saw me by the horse radish and told me to leave it alone, the leaves are poison. So I asked one of the big sisters why we grew it if it was poison…She explained that you dug up the roots, and we ate those.

So during one of my predawn, exiles to the yard, I had to dig some up, and give it a bite.

Fearing I had been poisoned, I broke one of the cardinal rules and ran back in the house, to wake the folks. My Mom was concerned, and once he figured it out, my Dad laughed, and told me to drink some milk.

/ Is there any food you do not like? #437  
My horseradish story: My Mom had a parakeet; she used to dump the old birdseed and "such" from the bottom of the cage, in one corner of our large yard. Having been around gardens a lot, I thought I recognized a radish sprouting. I watched it grow, and when it looked ready, I pulled it. It didn't look like a white radish, though, it looked more like a small white carrot. Smelled good, so I took it over to the faucet and washed it thoroughly.

I chomped down on it, and instantly regretted it. My eyes watered, my nose ran and my mouth burned...lesson learned!

/ Is there any food you do not like? #440  

• 1 1⁄2tablespoons flour
  • 1⁄2teaspoon salt
  • 2tablespoons sugar

I'm getting ill thinking about it!