New Tractor Problems

/ New Tractor Problems #31  
Osgr means offset gear reduction. They are super easy to rebuild

/ New Tractor Problems #32  
since we don’t know for sure what’s causing this issue if it was me I’d be finding someone to haul it to the dealer for a reasonable price to hopefully get it fixed under warranty.

/ New Tractor Problems #34  
could there be a kill switch on it that was accidentally / unknowingly engaged, when you went to take the phone call ? check with the dealer.
seems to me that it would be an unknown, yet simple solution
all the best

/ New Tractor Problems #35  
It sucks to deal with that kind of dealer. Hope bringing their expert personnel to your place can be considered.

/ New Tractor Problems #36  
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. You have a bummer to bummer warranty. I have a 3515R got from KENO tractor phone number 541-850-8193 I live 1500 mile from them and would do it all over again.GREAT dealer. Call and talk to George or Eric the owner. They will help you over the phone and will ship you parts. You may have to E-mail papers to prove when you took possion of tractor for the warranty. GOOD luck please keep us posted. Steve hope it's something simple.

/ New Tractor Problems #37  
Hi All,
Wanted to get your take on things. I bought a new branson 2515h 5/23/2021. It has 45 hours on it. It was delivered to me from a dealer about 40 mins away. 3 days ago I was using the forks but had to run in the house to take a call. I shut it down and it would not turn back on. It makes a single click. I checked the battery at autozone, tried jumping it. Same results. I tried jumping the solenoid and same result. 1 click. I imagine the starter is bad. I called the dealer and they said I have to get it to them but it has the forks on the ground and a bush hog on the back. They want me to call a tow company and the cheapest is 450$. I personally think it is crazy but wanted to hear anyone elses thoughts.
If you have a hydro trans, I've had it happen twice exactly the same. Jumped off and it wouldn't restart. Both times it was a branch stuck in the safety switch for the pedals (they make sure they're centered before starting). Not sure if yours is the same, but worth looking. I have since bypassed that switch so it won't happen again.

/ New Tractor Problems #38  
I just banged the crap out of it and put power directly too it. It made a half turn and stopped with a grinding noise.
The sounds like a bad solenoid and/or not getting enough amperage. I had the same problem with my Kubota. Make sure you are jumpering with thick enough cables.

I would take booster cables and hook the negative from the battery to the engine block and the positive from the battery positive to starter always on terminal and then use a thick gauge wire to jump from the positive terminal to the "start" terminal. If you still get grinding and clicking then you probably need to replace the solenoid.

If you have older GM cars then you probably know a lot about bad solenoids and if you have an GM car with headers then you definitely know about bad solenoids :(

/ New Tractor Problems #40  
Load test the battery.. Never ok know. I usually do that first